Deadline: 21 February 2020
The Souter Charitable Trust (SCT) is seeking applications for its grant program to support projects engaged in the relief of human suffering in all its aspects in the UK and overseas – especially, but not exclusively, those with a Christian emphasis and ethos.
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
Souter Charitable Trust was set up by Sir Brian and his wife Lady Elizabeth in 1992 and over the last 13 years has awarded over 13,000 grants worth more than £98 million.
The trust supports projects for the relief of human suffering in the UK and overseas and, as committed Christians, Sir Brian and Lady Elizabeth are particularly interested in projects that also promote spiritual welfare.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Set up in 1992, Trust have supported thousands of projects over the years.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Whilst there are no minimum or maximum amounts given an average grant would be a small one off in the region of £1,000 – £3,000.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Grants are restricted to UK registered charities only. Current legislation does not permit the trustees to give direct grants to overseas organisations as they are unable to carry out the due diligence required of them.
- Small grants may be awarded for gap year / short term projects which extend to at least one calendar year.
- All projects for capital building and renovation works are specifically excluded from funding.
- The personal health and educational needs of individuals are not normally funded.
- Re-application for a grant is permitted, but only after once calendar year has elapsed.
- The trustees generally meet once a month and all applications, whether successful or not, are acknowledged in due course.
- All grants are made at the discretion of the Trustees and their decision is final.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.soutercharitabletrust.org.uk/guidelines.aspx