UNICEF recruits 01 National Consultant / Motion/Video Graphic Editor
Job no: 523510
Work type: Consultancy
Location: Sierra Leone
Categories: Communication / External Relations
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
The 20th November 2019 is the day when the most widely ratified human rights treaty in history, the Convention on the Rights of the Child, (CRC) was adopted 30 years ago.
UNICEF recognises this as a global advocacy moment for children, by children and an opportunity to advocate, raise funds and raise awareness of the most pressing issues facing children.
UNICEF in Sierra Leone will work with Government, Children and CSO to refresh the relevance and urgency around implementing the CRC through mult channelled media and advocacy events to popularise the Convention on the Rights of the Child and to promote child rights messages.
A local consultancy is therefore needed to produce motion graphics/video (Animation) intended for online platforms and for sharing at meeting and relevant [email protected] events which will be used
The animation video will contribute towards increasing awareness and understanding of Child Rights as part of the [email protected] commemoration in Sierra Leone. The animation videos will be used on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Purpose and objectives
To create three (3) 30 second engaging animation videos to popularize the CRC and to promote child rights messages on social media platforms. Duration for the consultancy is 30 working days.
Methodology and Technical Approach
The Consultant will develop animation videos in line with scripts written and cleared by UNICEF. Both muted abd unmuted versions of the animated videos will be produced by the consultant through graphic creativity.
Activities, Tasks, Outputs and Deliverables
- Conceptualizing, storyboarding and producing 3 * 30 seconds motion graphic video (animation) clips
- Produce graphics, animation and info graphics to relay the intended message
- Adhere to the script and messages as designed and cleared by UNICEF
- Maintaining the branding for [email protected], UNICEF and Government of Sierra Leone on the affiliated media products
- Edit videos as needed for UNICEF priority communications
Deliverables are 3 * 30 second animated videos on the CRC
Management, Organization and Timeframe
The incumbent will work under direct supervision of the Chief of External Relations
- UNICEF will provide data and key messages that can be used to develop the
- UNICEF will provide consolidated comments on scripts and rough cut
- UNICEF will provide guidance on graphic work based on institutional branding and messaging guidelines.
Develop Story board and first rough cut of the animation
Animate graphics, integrate music and kinetic text
Incorporate feedback as appropriate
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of Secondary Education
- Experience in developing animated content for multi-media platforms, including social media
- Experience and skills in using motion graphics software including Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut, After FX and Pro Tools a must
- Skilled in video editing
- Graphic Design background and/or other media experience showing ability to create content for specific audiences a must
- Timeliness, accuracy and efficiency
- Familiarity with international development and child rights issues is a plus
- Experience writing creative scripts and producing video content for social engagement is a plus
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 28 Jun 2019 Greenwich Standard Time
Applications close: 04 Jul 2019 11:55 PM Greenwich Standard Time