UNICEF recruits 01 Logistics Specialist (Cold Chain), (P-3)
Job no: 525616
Work type: Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope.
Under the direct guidance of the chief of health or, in his/her absence, immunization specialist, the incumbent will support the health section, the government and the cold chain supply consultant to follow UNICEF processes and procedures in terms of logistics matters.
The incumbent will propose a clear strategy to improve the management of health activities relevant to supply and logistics and ensure the capacity building of national staff and national counterparts to ensure accountability is in place at each level and transactions.
This position requires advanced professional technical experience in support of operations and programme objectives while being accountable for effective planning, logistics, processes and systems, inventory and assets for UNICEF and government, particularly on issues regarding the cold chain, and vaccines.
The incumbent will be based in the health section in Bamako, under the direct supervision of the health manager. The incumbent will work in close daily cooperation with the supply and logistics section and the cold chain consultant.
Main activities and outcomes
- Focal point for Health section & cold chain consultant for all procurement and logistics matters;
- Prepare and monitor all documentation related to supply, logistics, procurement and distribution, ensuring all UNICEF rules and procedures are respected;
- Prepare distribution plans and follow up for effective delivery with partners;
- Provide monthly reports on actions achieved, challenges and recommendations for the long-term;
- Support and build the government’s capacity in the management of the vaccines supply chain;
- Collaborate with UNICEF supply section to implement the supply plan of the health section;
- Ensure that all recommendations on the evaluation of the vaccine management (EVM) are implemented and documented;
- Assure that all orders of vaccines and other materials & equipment for the cold chain are placed in a timely manner and monitor as periodically;
- Ensure that all solar equipment for the cold chain are installed and functional;
- Ensure that the system of storage at the national and subnational level is improved;
- Ensure that the skills of the staff implied in the management of the PEV including the cold chain are improved;
- Implement a system of monitoring of the temperature of all vaccine storage and ensure their functionality;
- Ensure a regular and complete inventory of vaccines and all the cold chain equipment at national level and in all the regions and the districts in association with the services of the Ministry of Health;
- Ensure the quality of data management for vaccines;
- Ensure that the estimation of the annual needs in vaccines is done according to the storage capacity of Mali CO.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in directly related areas of specialization, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in logistic with focus on health activities and management of vaccines Supply Chain.
- Good knowledge of ERP system required.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers particularly in Excel.
- International work experience in emergency duty station with a security component would be an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required. Excellent oral and writing skills in French. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Deciding and Initiating Actions
- Leading and Supervising
- Persuading and Influencing
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Planning and Organizing
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 09 Aug 2019 Greenwich Standard Time
Applications close: 18 Aug 2019 11:55 PM Greenwich Standard Time
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo