UNICEF recruits 01 Emergency Specialist (Planning & Monitoring), P-3,
Job no: 523324
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Planning, P-3
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a chance.
To support the UNICEF Country Office to operationalise the humanitarian performance monitoring (HPM) system to inform UNICEF decision-making as well as supporting resource mobilization and external reporting on progress. The Emergency Planning & Monitoring Specialist will report to the Emergency Specialist, supporting the CO to adapt and apply the minimum UNICEF Humanitarian Performance Monitoring tools and ensure alignment and complementarity with ongoing development work.
How can you make a difference?
- Support the operationalization of the Mozambique Country Office’s Humanitarian Performance Monitoring (HPM), launched in mid-June (in liaison with Section Chiefs, Team Leads, Emergency Specialist, Chief Planning and Information Managers).
- Work with UNICEF programme sections and partners, as required to ensure timely, regular reporting into the HPM to inform Sitreps and other reporting requirements;
- Support regular field monitoring visits to UNICEF projects and ensure programme visits taken by other staff are fed into the HPM;
- Work with the Chief Planning/ Monitoring Specialist to ensure good use and coverage by Third Party Monitoring partners to contribute to monitoring progress;
- Support monitoring of Programme supply inputs within wider framework of projected results for affected population;
- Work with the Chief of Planning/ Monitoring Specialist to ensure the HPM data feeds into RAM reporting and the COs other corporate reporting requirements.
- Supporting regular assessment of UNICEF performance in Cluster Coordination where country Cluster Lead Agency;
- Supervise the Information Manager to provide information management support to sections on UNICEF data.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, public administration, international law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration or other related disciplines. Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields.
*A first-level degree with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
• Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO). Experience with UN or NGO is an asset.
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is desirable.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
- Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
- Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [II]
• Working with People [II]
• Drive for Results [II]
- Functional Competencies (Required)
• Leading and Supervising [II]
• Analyzing [II]
• Deciding and Initiating Action [III]
• Persuading and Influencing [III]
• Applying Technical Expertise [III]
• Planning and Organizing [II]
• Adapting and Responding Change [III]
• Coping with Pressure and Setbacks [III]
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 21 Jun 2019 South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Jun 2019 11:55 PM South Africa Standard Time
Exclusif- Samuel Eto'o prend sa retraite internationale
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo
Villa à louer à Hédzranawoé non loin de la piscine Atlantide