UNICEF recruits 01 Director
Job no: 518420
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: D-2, Senior Leadership Vacancies
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, dedication.
UNICEF is seeking to appoint a Director for its Office of Research in Florence, Italy. The candidate will be responsible for strengthening UNICEF’s role as an evidenced-based organization and for shaping a practical cutting-edge research agenda that will drive change for children.
UNICEF’s 2018-2021 Strategic Plan identifies the harnessing of evidence as a critical strategy for delivering on the organization’s agenda for children. UNICEF’s Office of Research plays a leading role in this effort by generating and disseminating research; facilitating research across the organisation; synthesizing, translating and integrating the findings of research for UNICEF’s programming across its country offices; and mobilizing collaborations and convening opportunities with partners that enhance global thought leadership on children’s issues.
How can you make a difference?
The successful candidate will be a global thinker on children and young people. They will be responsible for pioneering innovative approaches for conducting research, management, dissemination and use of evidence across UNICEF offices, and for promoting partnerships with leading academic institutions, think tanks, researchers, practitioners and policy makers from the Global South and North.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- PhD or equivalent level in social sciences, public policy, international development or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible professional and managerial work experience at the national or international level in policy-making, development policy analysis and/or research and research management. Engagement in and familiarity with academic, policy and development institutions and professional networks is essential.
- Experience heading a research or similar institution, and familiarity with the UN, is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English. Command of at least one other UN working language is an asset.
- Substantial experience at the national or international level in policy-making, development policy analysis and/or research and research management.
- Development experience, preferably on children’s issues is essential.
- Engagement in and familiarity with academic, policy and development institutions and professional networks is also required.
- Experience heading a research or similar institution is highly desirable.
- A strong professional record and reputation in applied research, preferably on children, is beneficial.
- The candidate will possess exceptional verbal and written communication and advocacy skills and will be able to guide, manage, inspire, persuade, and supervise diverse professional teams.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Diversity and inclusion
- Delivers Results
- Engages and Nurtures
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Manages Complexity and Change
- Creates and Maintains Impact and Partnership
- Innovates and Takes Risks
The Director is appointed for a term of 2 years, renewable thereafter. The D-2 post is based in UNICEF’s Office in Florence, Italy, which is located within the historical Instituto degli Innocenti – arguably the world’s oldest living institution devoted to the protection of children. The candidate will be a member of UNICEF’s Global Management Team.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Advertised: 05 Jul 2019 W. Europe Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Jul 2019 11:55 PM W. Europe Daylight Time
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo