UNICEF recruits 01 Cold Chain Specialist, P-3
Job no: 523694
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Health, P-3
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Purpose of the Post:
Cold Chain Specialist is accountable for professional leadership in and contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Cold Chain and Logistics system to sustain routine immunization as well as to accommodate the introduction of new vaccines.
Key Functions, Accountabilities and Related Duties/Tasks:
This assignment is particularly designed to:
- Support MoH to address the cold chain and logistic issues for vaccines.
- Support Ministry of Health (MoH) to strengthen the cold chain logistics and vaccine management (CCL&VM).
- Support conduct of cold chain equipment inventory assessment and develop the rehabilitation plan.
- National capacity building on CCL&VM.
- Support UNICEF CO to implement EVM improvement plans (EVM IPs) in coordination with all stakeholders including WHO.
Key Activities/Deliverables/Time Frames:
|Objective#1: Support MoH to address the cold chain and logistic issues for vaccines.|
|Provide timely and quality sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination; contribute to the Situation Analysis, its periodic update, and all programme documents to formulate effective Child survival (specifically health and immunization) goals, strategy, and project planning and development, in partnerships with key stakeholders.||Quality and timely inputs of Cold Chain, Vaccine and Logistics Management (CCVLM) are made into programme documents including donor reports, proposals etc.||Sept – Dec ’19|
|Conduct assessment on logistic to determine the gap and address the gap if any.||Logistics assessment conducted, gaps identified, and corrective action plan developed||Sept – Oct ’19|
|Ensure the extension of cold chain through Cold Chain Equipment Optimization Platform (CCEOP) prior to the introduction of new vaccines||All CCEOP equipment procured according to Operational Deployment Plan (ODP) and turned over to local agent; adequate Cold Chain Storage capacity to accommodate new vaccines.||Sept – Dec ’19|
|Objective#2: Support Ministry of Health (MoH) to strengthen the cold chain logistics and vaccine management (CCL&VM).|
|Training, coaching and mentoring of Service Providers and CCVLM managers ona) vaccines, devices and equipment demand forecasting
b) Ensure preventive and corrective maintenance of cold chain equipment at the national and regional stores
|15 County Child Survival Focal persons and 15 County Cold Chain Officers trained on CCVLM.Preventive maintenance plan developed for national and regional stores and needed corrective maintenance carried out at all levels.||
Sept – Oct ’19
|Review and update CCEOP YR 3-5 operational plan to address current cold chain equipment situation and support implementation.||Equitable distribution of cold chain equipment and ensured quality of vaccines||October ’19|
|Objective#3: Support conduct of Cold Chain Equipment Inventory (CCEI)assessment and develop the rehabilitation plan.|
|Organize workshops with County Health Teams to update their Cold Chain Inventory;define & validate the CCEI system design and implementation plan.||Cold chain equipment inventory updated, and rehabilitation plan developed||Dec ’19|
|Objective#4: National capacity building on CCL&VM|
|Undertake capacity assessment for routine maintenance of cold chain equipment and vaccine management; develop recommendations for addressing gaps in the individual and institutional capacity.Develop the equipment management and maintenance training systems, processes and content.||EPI logistics/cold chain maintenance capacity and vaccine management assessment conducted; report available and capacity building plan developed.||Oct ’19|
|Objective#5: Support UNICEF CO to implement EVM improvement plans (EVM IPs) in coordination with all stakeholders including WHO.|
|Conduct an Internal Effective Vaccine Management Assessment (EVM).Develop EVM Improvement Plan(IP).||EVM Assessment Report and Improvement plan.||Sept – Oct ’19|
|Support implementation of EVM IPs; review vaccine management guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Job Descriptions (JD) of cold chain logistics managers and cold chain focal points at all levels, against current practices.||EVM assessment improvement plan (IP) implemented. Vaccine management guidelines and SOPs updated||Oct – Dec ’19|
|Identify priority tasks for the implementation which is behind schedule, or tasks that are missing from the IP; develop strategies for rectifying these deficiencies.||EVM Implementation Plan updated to reflect current status of implementation; activities re-prioritized.||Dec ’19|
Key competences, Educational Qualification, technical background, and experience required:
- Strong analytical, oral & written communication skills
- Effective presenter including ability to adapt the message and visual aids for multiple audiences to deliver concise, impactful presentations
- Effective facilitator with proven ability to engage and train a group of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Advanced University degree with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Educational background in Mechanical Engineering or related field (university degree).
- Training as EVM assessor and UN field logistics.
- Proficiency in WHO PQS-listed CCL equipment.
- Proficiency in the development of technical SOPs.
- Proficiency in solar refrigeration systems sizing and installation an advantage.
- Familiarity with WHO-recommended vaccine management practices an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in local, national or international development organization/s and national government.
- Background/familiarity with Mechanical/refrigeration and power system.
- Experience interfacing with ministries of health is an advantage.
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication [III]
- Working with People [II]
- Drive for Results [II]
- Leading and Supervising [I]
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II]
- Relating and Networking [II]
- Persuading and Influencing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Entrepreneurial Thinking [II]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
For every child, [insert tagline]
[Include information about the country/specific programme. Ideally include a link to a video]
How can you make a difference?
[Insert purpose of post and bullet points on main activities]
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of [insert years] of relevant professional experience in
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 06 Jul 2019 Greenwich Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Jul 2019 11:55 PM Greenwich Standard Time
Exclusif- Samuel Eto'o prend sa retraite internationale
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo
Villa à louer à Hédzranawoé non loin de la piscine Atlantide