UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a contract within the Private Sector Partnerships Services in our Office in Paris, France.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. It is constantly seeking talented, compassionate candidates with high-integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to crises with the right skills.
UNHCR has been actively fundraising in France since 2016. In the Global PSP strategy to 2018, France has been identified as a priority market and has received investment to expand its IG (Individual Giving) donor base in France. In order to support the income growth targets, we require the resources to deliver industry leading fundraising products. This includes the optimization of the fundraising database.
UNHCR France is looking for a fundraising database expert to project manage the expansion of the supporter’s database. The project will include the integration with a payment gateway, email tool, telemarketing agency and any other external systems through which data is collected. The PSP Associate (Database Support) will also provide on-going support and assistance to the team on data manipulation and segmentation, reporting, data cleansing and database maintenance and development.
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Unit, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) responsible for mobilizing resources to enable UNHCR’s refugee response programming around the world.
This position will sit within UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships team in the France, which aims to raise funds from private sector donors in France to support UNHCR’s work.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and results driven team player, who is able to work independently as well, with a strong interest in fundraising supporting roles, to become a steady and reliable asset to the UNHCR France operation within PSP Europe.
Among other responsibilities, the PSP Associate (Database Support) will ensure PSP France’s compliance with the new GDPR regulations coming into force on 25 May 2018.
The incumbent will also assist PSP France in developing a transition plan for the database from PSP to a NPA (National Partner) in France.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the PSP Officer (France) the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Being primarily responsible for project managing the configuration, development and rollout phases of the Salesforce Database;
- Working with PSP team in France, the Fundraising Database Support role will liaise with key stakeholders to ensure that the database is successfully integrated with the Payment Gateway (Iraiser / Worldpay), the email tool (Marketing Cloud), telemarketing agency and with other third parties;
- Ensuring that the database is configured in compliance with donor management developments, including existing data regulations (CNIL) and the new Data Protection regulation (GDPR);
- Providing support in developing a transition plan from PSP to a NPA in France;
- Ensuring that the database is configured to best meet the team fundraising objectives for both Individual Giving (IG) and Private Partnerships and Philanthropy (PPH);
- Regular data maintenance tasks: The role will be also responsible for performing regular data administration tasks such as importing and updating data into the database from external sources and data quality control. The role will be also responsible for advising the team on database updates to improve data quality and donor analytics;
- Reporting: The successful candidate will play a key role in helping the team analyze performance of donor acquisition and retention activities and donor prospecting by creating reports and dashboards. He/She will also assist the team with data segmentation and list exports;
- Documentation: The incumbent will ensure that documentation is created for the new database configuration and set up including documentation of the integration with third parties. He/She will also be responsible for documenting new policies, procedures and training materials on the system;
- Provide support to local users: The incumbent will act as a first line of support for database users in the French office, maintaining a support log and resolutions database to provide solutions to users experiencing any difficulties with the system or requesting assistance and If necessary escalating issues up to the rest of the team and/or to HQ support;
- Work with HQ during database upgrade project: A project to upgrade the current system to a more stable, robust platform is being planned. The incumbent should provide adequate support and input during the requirements gathering, system design, development and rollout phases of the project as well as providing support and training to local users on an operational basis;
- Active support for the French National Partner transition and set up;
- Perform other duties as required.