U.S. Mission to Kyrgyzstan announces Democracy Commission Small Grants Program
Deadline: 13 May 2019
The U.S. Embassy to Kyrgyzstan is pleased to announce its Spring Round of the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program.
This program supports the development of Kyrgyzstan’s democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Kyrgyzstani nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, to nonprofit civil society organizations(CSOs), and to independent local media organizations.
- Economic empowerment and entrepreneurship, particularly for women, youth and vulnerable population to advance economic independence and sustainable development. (commercial activity or specific businesses/startups will not be considered).
- Free flow of information, development of independent and professional journalism.
- Government transparency, citizen understanding of public finance and decision making.
- Countering violent extremism through promoting peace and tolerance, creating alternative socio-economic opportunities for groups at risk, and working with media and social media to promote peaceful discourse.
Other Possible Themes
- Promotion of a robust civil society that advances the civil rights of all population segments.
- Strengthening social partnership and dialogue among government and civil society organizations.
- Promoting rule of law and legal reform.
- Inter-faith and inter-ethnic dialogue; religious freedom (religious activities which advance or inhibit one religion over another, or one interpretation of a religion over another will not be considered).
- Combatting human trafficking.
- Promoting environmental awareness by creating citizen understanding of sustainable manage of ecosystems and natural resources.
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $1,000
- Kyrgyzstani nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, to nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and to independent local media organizations.
- This program is not open to U.S. Based nonprofits or other U.S. Based institutions.
How to Apply
Applicants must be submitted their applications at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Kyrgyzstan
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314489