Deadline: 9 December 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Chisinau has announced a call for proposals for the 2020 Small Grants Competition of the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
The Ambassadors Fund was established by the U.S. Congress in 2000 to help countries preserve their cultural heritage and to demonstrate U.S. respect for different cultures around the world.
- CULTURAL SITES, that include (but not limited to) historic buildings and archaeological sites.
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS from a museum, site, or similar institution that include archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs.
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION that include traditional music, indigenous languages, and crafts.
The minimum amount of an award is $10,000, and the maximum is $200,000.
Eligible Project Applicants
Applicants must be non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, that are able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage. The AFCP Program strongly encourages cost-sharing, in-kind contributions, and other forms of cost participation.
How to Apply
- Proposals must be written in English
- Proposals must be submitted electronically via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://md.usembassy.gov/education-culture/local-programs/culture-programs/ambassadors-fund-cultural-preservation/