U.S. Department of State, Bureau of ECA announces 2019 Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program
Deadline: 30 May 2019
The Office of Citizen Exchanges of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) has announced an open competition for cooperative agreements for the FY 2019 Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program Placement Components.
The YES program advances the U.S. foreign policy goals of engaging youth populations and building civil society by providing physical, academic-year exchanges, and building lasting ties between foreign high school students and the communities that host them.
The overall goals of the YES program are as follows:
- Promote better understanding by youth from the United States and selected countries about host society, people, institutions, values, and culture;
- Foster lasting personal and professional ties;
- Advance mutual understanding, respect for diversity, leadership skills, and understanding of civil society during the exchange experience and beyond; and,
- Enhance understanding of other countries and cultures and increase accurate understanding of American values in communities abroad.
- Award Ceiling: $9,300,581
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
How to Apply
Interested Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314423