The Creability Movement: Open Call for Curator in Residence
Deadline: 31 March 2019
In a movement to platform diverse and inclusive practices in contemporary art of Southeast Asia, Ketemu Project & CoCreation Workshop is seeking a curator to develop an exhibition and online platform featuring artistic collaborations of disabled artists and artists working with disabled communities.
This opportunity offers one curator based in Southeast Asia to research and map initiatives for disability in contemporary art in Southeast Asia. The curator will be supporting the development of artworks between the artist of different abilities from 4 different ASEAN countries.
The Creability Movement is an initiative sparked by the premise that every individual is creative, regardless of their abilities. Creability is coined from the combination of the words “creative” and “ability”. This movement aims to bring together diverse creative talents and platform the disability in art.
Ketemu Project and Cocreation Workshop will be delivering a pilot incubation program, supporting creative partnerships between disabled and enabled artists. The design of this pilot aligns creative innovation and cultural development with business strategies. The goal is to ultimately develop robust models with, and for, creative enterprises to develop disabled friendly partnerships, and to champion for inclusivity in the ASEAN creative economy ecosystems.
Ketemu Project will be providing:
- Accommodation in Bali and Southeast Asian destinations
- Flights from to Bali and to Southeast Asian destination
- Participation in the 4-day residential design thinking program
- Exhibition venue, manpower & exhibition production budget.
- Currently residing in a Southeast Asian country
- Able to communicate in English
- Able to commit to Ketemu Project Residency Program (Bali), Design thinking Workshop & field research in the month of June 2019 (duration approximately 28 days)
- Able to commit to the setup and opening of the Exhibition in October 2019
- Shortlist applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Letter of Intent
- CV (Maximum 3 pages)
- Portfolio of Exhibitions, Productions or Writings
- 2 Professional References contacts
- Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://ketemu.org/join-our-team/
Nouveauté au Togo: Edem Drackey - Amévévé
Un son qui donne des frissons de part la belle mélodie mais aussi les paroles bienveillantes qu'il contient