Terre des hommes recruits 01 Reporting and Quality Officer JPO – Bangladesh
Position Start Date: 1st of September 2020
Duration: 6 months
Location: Cox’s Bazar or Dhaka – Bangladesh
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the largest Swiss children’s relief organization. Since 1960, Tdh has been helping to build a better future for disadvantaged children and their communities through innovative and sustainable solutions. Present in 32 countries with an operational budget of more than 90 million Swiss francs, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement in-field projects that improve daily lives of more than three million children and their families in the areas of health, protection and emergency. Our mission is financed by individual and institutional donors, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh is working in Bangladesh since 1976, with operations in the north of the country (Kurigram district), in the Dhaka district and in Cox Bazaar district.
Tdh is implementing programs on Health, WASH, Access to Justice (social cohesion and conflict resolution), Migration and Child protection, both in development and emergency context.
Following the massive displacement of more than 688,000 people into Bangladesh since end of August 2017, Tdh has put in place an important emergency response plan to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees, notably on health, WASH and protection.
Since 2019, Tdh in Bangladesh is part of a consortium, led by the Institute for Development Studies, for an Action Research project implemented in Asia at regional level, with an important component of cash transfer.
Tdh in Bangladesh is starting a process of integration of emergency and development approaches.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programs, the Reporting and Quality Officer contributes to the overall successful operation of programs through taking lead on the process of drafting proposals, reports, M&E result presentations, as well as visibility and communications materials, and programmatic documents for external stakeholders.
S/he gathers all necessary information on the ongoing projects in order to adequately communicate on Tdh’s activities, and contributes to the mission expansion (strategy, donor mapping and opportunities analysis).
S/he strongly contributes to Tdh’s internal and external coordination, and improves information sharing processes within the coordination team.
- Reporting and proposal development: in collaboration with the Head of Programs, s/he guides the process for drafting of all donor documents (concept notes, proposals, interim and final narrative reports, amendments) and programmatic documents, including of archiving for the mission;
- S/he ensures that contractual deadlines for donor reporting as well as contractual templates are known and respected by the operational team. S/he disseminates key information to relevant TDH staff in timely manner ;
- S/he ensures that external reports are drafted in a timely manner and with an attention to quality (coherence of data, quality of writing, justification of the gaps and variation, measurement of indicators, results and objectives, appropriate formating and presentation), including all necessary attachments and annexes ;
- S/he is responsible for following calls for proposals of various donors to anticipate positioning;
- Context follow up: S/he supports the follow-up of local and regional context and disseminates selected information to the mission;
- S/he ensures regular follow up with field teams, gathers all necessary information on the ongoing projects, including through field visits and interaction with beneficiaries, to have a more robust understanding about context on the ground to inform communication on Tdh activities;
- Visibility and communication: S/he contribute to the visibility of donors and Tdh within the scope of the projects and ensures the preparation of external communication tools (documentation of Tdh activities for internal use and external dissemination);
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning: S/he contributes to the development and implementation of a context-specific framework for the mission;
- S/he ensures follow up and routine usage of tools and procedures;
- Internal & External Coordination: S/he ensures that internal coordination mechanisms and processes are known and used by the mission. When delegated by the head of Programs, S/he represents Tdh to external partners (NGOs or clusters) or in humanitarian coordination forums;
- S/he prepares SitReps and external reports and submits them for confirmation to the Head of Programs by complying with internal confirmation deadlines and external contract’s expiration dates (project reports).
- Master’s degree or other relevant degree;
- At least one experience in the field required;
- Familiarity with the aid system/knowledge of institutional donors;
- Excellent analytical skills, communication and drafting skills;
- Data analysis capacity and report writing;
- Good communication and team support;
- Autonomy in work;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Prior knowledge of the region/crisis an asset;
- Fluency in English required, French appreciated;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code; salary range: 2’200 CHF – 2’400 CHF net /month (according to experience) x 13.
Holidays: 25 annual leave days per year.
Local accommodation and transportation, health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 6 months
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JhRcPbtg?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418