Position Start Date : Mid-March 2020
Duration : 10 months
Location : Juba – South Sudan
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Directs and organises the administrative and financial “service” of the delegation and bases (general accounting, administrative and budget management) in close collaboration with the Country Representative, the Logistic Coordinator and the area or base administrator. S/he is the direct interface between the delegation and the headquarters and/or field sponsors as regards financial reporting.
In his/her capacity of Foundation representative, the Finance & HR Coordinator reports to the Country Representative and provides multi-base, multi-sponsor and/or multi-partner supervision and follow-up for the projects. S/he is responsible for the implementation of the strategy and the development and managerial coordination of the administrative teams under his/her responsibility.
S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity.
S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams as regards the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standard.
Manage the programme’s financial resources
- Ensure the programme’s global financial monitoring (reporting), accounts & cash-flow
- Ensure compliance with financial rules in the management of the programme’s main partnerships
- Ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training for managing their budget and codifying expenditure correctly
Implement the programme’s HR strategy and ensure implementation of HR processes
- Help define pay, social and training policies
- Define and implement the corresponding HR processes
- Ensure the administrative management of programme’s staff
Manage the programme’s administrative team
- Supervise and lead the programme’s administrative team, set objectives and carry out assessments of direct reports
- disciplinary procedures with the country representative
- Oversee the team’s career development: define training needs and provide guidance on professional development
Guarantee compliance with the programme’s administrative and legal framework
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (HR, administrative, financial, etc.), referring to local expertise if required (lawyers, employment inspectors, etc.)
- Keep a watch on NGO groups, take part in the activity of networks on legal and HR aspects
- Follow up partnership contracts and ensure they comply with internal rules and donor obligations
- In his/her professional activities, adhere to the values defined in the strategic plan: commitment, expertise, integrity and self-reliance
- Work in different cultural backgrounds and in difficult situations, deal with confrontation due to differences (intercultural)
- Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or closely related field i.e. in the areas of Project management, social sciences or a combined professional qualification.
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2
- Experiences and aptitudes: At least 3 years previous experience of seniority in an NGO at a management position in the field (expatriation)
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards
- Good leadership skills: experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- Commitment to an organisation overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of the organisation work
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 3 400 CHF (~2 950 €) < > 4 750 CHF (~4 100 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JUNDiBEc?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418