Gruppo di Volontariato Civile (GVC) recruits 01 COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE
GVC- Civil Volunteer Group, has been working in Syria since 2011 and is currently carrying emergency projects in WASH and Education sectors funded by Italian Embassy, UNICEF and UN – OCHA. Within this framework, GVC recruits a Country Representative with strong experience in promoting and managing emergency programmes and disaster/development linkages with specific experience in remote management capacities and tools.
The Country Representative purpose is to lead and supervise existing projects, develop new programs and coordinate operations in Syria for GVC within Emergency, LRRD and Developmental framework. He/she must be willing to travel extensively among Lebanon and Syria, develop new working opportunities, development of sound relations with key players.
Main functions and responsibilities
Country office leadership (25%)
Partnership development (25%)
Programme Management (25%)
Representation and advocacy (15%)
Knowledge management and innovation (10%)
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||Essential qualifications:– An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management.|
– Knowledge of main donors’ policy and procedures (UN Agencies, ECHO, Europeaid, Italian Cooperation).
– Project Development and proposal writing.
– Project Management Cycle.
– Valid and clean driving license.
Essential experience and personal skills:
– Minimum 8 years’ of relevant experience in working with NGO or International Organization with increasing responsibility.
– At least 2 years of previous experience in the same position.
– Fluent in written and spoken English;
– Good communication and leadership skills
– Ability to perform under stress condition
– Capacity to autonomously work and in problems prevention/resolution
– Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results.
– Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers / leaders.
– Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues.
– Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business neworks and partnerships for continued growth.
– Demonstrates integrity by modelling the NGO values and ethical standards.
– Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
– Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project
– Previous experience in Middle East countries would be considered an asset
– Knowledge of Arabic would be considered an asset
– Previous experience experience in working in the sector of Education, Protection or WASH would be considered an asset.
|Experience||5 à 10 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes, Direction et administration|
|Secteurs d’activité||Gestion crise / post-crise, Droits humains|
|Pays||Moyen Orient, Syrie|
|Salaire / Indemnité||Location: Syria, DamascusJob Title: Country Representative|
Starting date: as soon as possible
Monthly net salary range: 3500 – 4500 euros
Expected duration: 12 months renewable
|Comment postuler||Application procedure: send your CV and cover letter to [email protected], with reference S8; only pre-selected candidates will be contacted; the applications will be reviewed as they are receive and the position may be awarded before the deadline|
|Date de fin de validité||31/05/2019|