Solidarités International (SI) recruits 01 Meal Manager
Desired start date: September 1st, 2019
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Northeast Syria
ABOUT THE MISSION IN SYRIA …
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
The mission has expanded through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI, which started in October 2018. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. As a result, the operational volume has been growing extensively, so as the overall structure.
The Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 20 million USD budget forecasted for 2019.
ABOUT THE JOB
SI is looking for an MEAL Manager, based in Northeast Syria (NES).
SI has considerably expanded its programmatic portfolio over the past few months, both in terms of volume and sector diversity (Emergency WASH, WASH rehabilitation, WASH in Health, Cash & Vouchers, Shelter, RRM). This has reinforced the central role of the MEAL department at base and coordination level, to ensure up-to-standard follow-up on the quality of our interventions; at base level, this role is of particular importance due to the high number of Program Managers to interact with.
The MEAL Manager will be line-managed by a Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs, and will benefit from the functional support of the MEAL Coordinator. He/she will work in synergy with the Program Managers (Emergency WASH, Shelter, Cash-Based Interventions and MEAL), and will supervise a team currently comprised of a Deputy, a Supervisor, 7 Officers and a Data Officer.
– Contributes to the centralization and harmonization of MEAL tools and processes on the area of intervention, under the lead of MEAL Coordinator
– Provides a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of M&E plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis etc.
– In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, looks over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by his/her department (studies, maps…)
– Provides support training of program teams within his/her fields of expertise
– Contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques
Specific stakes and challenges:
– Absorption of the growth of the mission, newly recruited members in the team
– Systematic inclusion of MEAL activities into each program
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
– MEAL dept. management and training
-Contribute to the MEAL strategy implementation (with a strong focus on accountability and learning)
– Ensure efficient communication flows towards implementation teams to ensure MEAL outputs are integrated in programming
– Engage in team’s capacity building in view of nationalization of the position at mid-term perspective
SI WILL OFFER YOU…
A salaried position: starting from 1980 euros gross per month (1800€ + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly per diem of 700 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
[LIVING CONDITIONS : ]
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses, which are spacious and comfortable.
Security inside NES is overall volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
|Experience||3 à 5 ans|
|Fonctions||Autre, Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Secteurs d’activité||Eau et assainissement, Gestion crise / post-crise|
|Pays||Moyen Orient, Syrie|
|Postuler en ligne||https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=P1IFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NQ9&nPostingTargetID=43509|
|Date de fin de validité||07/10/2019|