Solidarités International (SI) recruits 01 Country Director
Desired start date: 07/10/2019
ABOUT THE MISSION IN IRAK …
The SI mission in Iraq opened in February 2017 with a focus on the Mosul response. The mission is relatively small with one base in the capital Erbil (6-7 expatriates and approx. 8 national staff) and a field base in Mosul (3 expats and approx. 20 national staff). SI’s work in 2018 focused in the centre of Mosul, working on water network rehabilitation in west Mosul. In 2019 SI began work outside of Mosul city, expanding into wider Mosul District in Muhallabiyah and Hamdaniyah (Nimrud Camp).
The mission will keep an emergency WASH component through the team’s work in Nimrud camp, and will explore new areas of intervention in 2019/2020. SI is well recognized for their contribution to the WASH sector in Iraq and this will remain in 2019/2020, alongside a strategy to diversify SI programmes by entering the Food Security and Livelihood sector.
SI is currently the lead of two OCHA IHF-funded WASH consortia in Iraq; the WASH Consortium for In-Camp Interventions (WCICI) and the WASH Out of Camp Consortium (WOCC). Under these consortia SI also delivers two projects as a partner:
ABOUT THE JOB
– Represent the organization in country toward partners, donors and local authorities.
– Ensure the smooth running of the mission.
– Ensure development and implementation of the mission strategy, according to the regional Solidarites International strategy and positioning in Iraq based on geopolitical and humanitarian context.
– Mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for the programs to run effectively and supervises the administration of these resources.
– Monitors projects, ensuring that they are progressing in accordance with the Solidarités International charter and complying with internal and contractual procedures.
– Coordinates the teams in place and ensures their security on the mission.
– Direct liaison for Solidarités International HQ.
– Contextual and security analysis in country
– Actively seek for funding and cooperation opportunities in Iraq competitive environment; ensure low financial risk of operations, continuation of program and possible expansion in terms of geographical areas and sectors
– Develop stakeholder analysis, develop and maintain strong relation with donors,
– Ensure access to intervention areas
– Readjust the operational strategy according to contextual evolutions, and maintain a strong internal coordination with SI mission in Syria, with the aim to jointly develop a regional humanitarian strategy.
– Ensure continuation of program and funding
– Develop strategic partnerships priorities in shifting operational environment in Iraq, ensure SI positioning within early recovery actors
– Ensure the conformity of SI reporting to Baghdad Department of NGOs
– understand the articulation of Iraq mission with Syria mission, Erbil being a hub for all expats going to North Est Syria.
Reporting to the Country director, the setup will be evolving : one Admin/Logistic coordinator; one Mosul Field coordinator; Consortium director; Reporting and Monitoring Officer; Liaison officer (national staff)
Without hierarchic relation with Iraq mission, the Syria mission has two permanents positions based in Erbil.
Commitment to the fundamental principles of SI’s charter and ethos.
SI WILL OFFER YOU…
A salaried post:
Social and medical cover:
LIVING CONDITIONS AND CONSTRAINTS RELATED TO SECURITY :
There are good living conditions in Erbil: individual rooms in one of two fully equipped guest houses. There is a separate office about 10 minutes walk from the guesthouses. It is possible to walk around the neighborhood and there are many shops and restaurants, and some bars and restaurants which sell alcohol. There are parks in the city where you can walk or go running, and many malls and shops which sell a very large variety of goods. Expats can face street or taxi driver harassment, in particular female expat staff. It is recommended that expats do not walk alone late at night or take unknown taxis on their own.
For the office/guesthouse in Mosul there are strict security procedures in place (curfew, no movements at night, no restaurants), though the situation is improving and since SI is registered it may be possible to review some of these rules. Movement takes place by car to the local food shops and it is possible to get take-away food (pizza, falafel, chicken). The office is comfortable and well maintained with individual rooms which are assigned to each expat, and a room for visitors. The wifi and electricity is generally stable.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
|Experience||3 à 5 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Secteurs d’activité||Eau et assainissement, Gestion crise / post-crise|
|Pays||Moyen Orient, Irak|
|Postuler en ligne||https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=P1IFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NQ9&nPostingTargetID=44369|
|Date de fin de validité||30/10/2019|