|Description||Duty station: Roving / home-basedStarting date: January/February 2020|
Duration: 18 months, renewable
Solidar Suisse is a Swiss International NGO founded in 1936. We support and implement projects in the fields of Decent Work, Governance, and Humanitarian Aid in 14 countries worldwide. In the intervention countries, we predominantly work in partnership with local organizations, supporting them through our country coordination offices.
In order to strengthen administrative systems & procedures of our country programs abroad, we are looking for a committed and flexible Roving Administration Delegate. The position holder will take on the following roles:
- Take a leading role in the elaboration of standardized field Finance/Human Resources/Logistics procedures & policies (admin kit) for new and/or existing country programs.
- Provide gap filling support for admin positions in existing country offices.
- Advise and support country offices in the implementation of standardized admin procedures.
- After large scale disasters, deploy as admin delegate of Solidar’s emergency response team, and take a leading role in all administrative aspects of any new emergency program.
The position holder will spend a significant portion of his/her time dedicated to field deployments, guided by clear TOR. In between assignments, the position holder works home-based, mainly on the elaboration of an admin toolkit. In times of a significant disaster to which Solidar responds, he/she commits to deploy within 2 weeks for an assignment of up to 6 weeks.
Develop standardized field Finance/HR/Logistic procedures & policies
- In collaboration with HQ based staff, develop an Admin Kit aimed at setting-up administrative procedures and systems in a new country office, based as far as possible on existing Solidar Suisse tools and templates. This may be done home based, in close collaboration with HQ based staff.
Review and strengthen administrative procedures in country offices
- Support country offices in the implementation of standardized finance, human resource and logistics policies & procedures.
- Review existing internal financial control procedures in country offices and issue improvements based on review findings.
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of key finance/admin staff in country offices.
- Carry out gap filling assignments in case of critical absence of key finance staff.
- Support the introduction of Solidar Suisse’ integrity line, fraud & corruption policy, as well as other new policies to the country offices.
In the case of a sudden emergency, deploy as part of the response team as admin delegate
- Under the supervision of the Emergency Response Team Leader, carry out administrative assessment & due diligence verification of local partner organizations.
- Participate in the elaboration of budgets and in procurements processes.
- Identify staffing needs, participate in recruitment and induction of finance/admin staff.
- Introduce administrative procedures and processes according to Solidar Suisse international standards and in compliance legal provisions of the country of intervention in the delegation office.
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance and/or Logistics
- At least 5 years of professional experience abroad in managerial positions as Finance / Administration Manager for an International NGO in humanitarian contexts
- Experience as roving finance delegate or similar is a strong asset
- Proven experience in the development of administrative policies, tools and procedures for a development/humanitarian organisation
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively work and deliver under pressure and harsh circumstances
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible mind-set, combined with a structured way of working
- Excellent command of English and French, written and spoken, any other language is an asset
- Confident using IT office tools
- An understanding of Solidar’s vision, mission and values
Duration and starting date
We look for a candidate who can start in the beginning of 2020 (Jan/Feb), with contract duration of 18 months, renewable