Social Innovation Fund Ireland: Seeking Applications for Ignite Fund
Deadline: 6 May 2019
Applications are now open for the Ignite Fund which is a €550,000 fund created by Social Innovation Fund Ireland in partnership with several private philanthropists and the Department of Rural and Community Development.
The Department of Rural and Community Development provides match funding for all philanthropic funds raised by Social Innovation Fund Ireland from the Dormant Accounts Fund.
‘Ignite’ means to ‘spark’ or ‘set in motion’. The objective of the Ignite Fund is to spark meaningful social impact in communities across Ireland by providing support to some of the most innovative charities and social enterprises. Several private philanthropists have been inspired to provide substantial support to organisations addressing some of the most critical social issues we face today. The Department of Rural and Community Development has committed to matching their support euro for euro. We are now seeking applications from organisations and projects who are ‘igniting’ impact in any of the four categories which are listed below;
- Empowering Families
- Music to Impact
- Harnessing Ability
- Youth Resilience
- Awards of between €55,000 and €75,000 including:
- Cash grants of up to €60,000
- Business supports package worth up to €15,000
- A place on an Accelerator Programme from January to June 2020. The programme will include mentoring, growth-planning, impact measurement, and communications training as well as access to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s expertise and networks.
Social Innovation Fund Ireland Standard Criteria
- The project must address a critical social issue
- The project must be innovative in an Irish context
- The project must have potential and a desire to scale or replicate in Ireland (it may also have potential internationally but this is not a requirement)
- The project must have a proven track record
- The project must be based on the island of Ireland and make its main impact in the Republic of Ireland
- Applicants must come from an entity that has a not-for-profit legal form e.g. company limited by guarantee, trust etc.
How to Apply
The Ignite Fund application form can be accessed via the given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.socialinnovation.ie/ignite-fund/