Sightsavers recruits 01 Programme Officer – Ascend
Contract: 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: The role will be based at Sightsavers Country Officer in one of the following countries: Senegal (Dakar), Benin (Cotonou) or Guinea Conakry.
The Programme Officer will ensure the smooth delivery of integrated Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) activities in 13 countries as part of the Ascend West & Central Africa programme.
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (Ascend) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme significantly contributing to the control and elimination of five NTDs – onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, trachoma, schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths – in 13 countries of west and central Africa. Sightsavers is the lead supplier for Ascend West & Central Africa and is responsible for its overall delivery of Ascend.
The Programme Officer for Ascend is a highly involved role, working across multiple countries and with a range of stakeholders and partners. Some responsibilities include:
- Providing programme support and ensuring consistency across 13 West and Central Africa countries on the roll out of NTD activities, ensuring that programme delivery is in line with WHO NTD control/elimination guidelines and technical guidance on WASH and NTDs
- Facilitate the deployment of technical assistance and capacity building support within the ASCEND structure
- Supporting organisation and facilitation of technical workshops related to behaviour change and WASH coordination
- Work with the Finance and Risk Team on agreements and contracts, due diligence reports, individual country and consolidated log frames
- Ensure interventions uphold a commitment to gender, equity, social inclusion, value for money and sustainability
- Keep up to date with relevant cross cutting issues and debates that may impact control/elimination of NTDs and WASH/SBCC interventions; Provide quick responses to emerging technical challenges by liaising with the Manager Implementation (WASH/SBCC), revising tools and protocols
As Programme Officer for Ascend, you will have:
- A Degree in International Development, Public Health, International Relations, or equivalent experience
- Experience of Project Management within NTDs as part of an International Development or Health INGO, or a relevant government programme
- Experience of supporting an international, multi-partner programme
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in a global team, ensuring differing concerns and priorities are effectively managed
- Ability to communicate complex information, practices, concepts and ideas to a non-technical audience
- Experience of managing multiple tasks and work with multiple teams simultaneously within a matrix management system
- Fluent English and French communication skills
- Master’s degree in International Development, Public Health, International Relations, or appropriate equivalent
- Have experience of working on the Ascend project
- Available for up to 6 weeks a year of international travel, Covid-19 restrictions permitting
Please note that applications must be written in English.
To apply, and for further details about the role, please visit the Apply Here link. Please be aware that you will be prompted to include your CV or Cover Letter, please ignore this. Only information included in the online application form will be considered.
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Closing Date: 8 November, 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.sightsavers.org.