Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France is looking to fill a Logistic Coordinator position based in Ramallah, Palestine.
The Logistic Coordinator is an expert in logistics and is supervising several logisticians on various bases.
Secours Islamique France (SIF) has acted for many years in Palestine and has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale. Some of these activities are child protection, better access to drinking water, support for economic activities and housing reconstruction.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission in Palestinian territories, you will be working as part of the Coordination Team in order to coordinate, plan and support Managers in the follow-up of logistic activities of both Mission’s bases in Gaza and the West Bank.
Your work will consist of:
* Contributing to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessments analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
* Defining the procurement plan of the mission and ensure its implementation.
* Supervising shipments and deliveries of materials.
* Ensuring a smooth management and follow-up of the mission’s stock.
* Supervising the vehicles’ planning and renewal.
* Managing the logistic staff : briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc.
* Implementing the security policy in cooperation with the Head of Mission, to look after the security rules respect.
* Representing SIF as part of the activities to operational partners and to local or regional authorities.
* Elaborating monthly logistical reports.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
Expériences / Formation
* You have worked a minimum of 7 years in humanitarian work in Logistics, including previous experiences in a similar context.
* You have a substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
* You possess the ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
* You have strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
* You have strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
* An understanding and commitment to SIF’s mission and values are necessary.
* Familiarity with the Middle East context and in particular the Palestinian context would be appreciated.
* Starting date : As soon as possible.
* French fixed term contract : 6 months.
* Remuneration according to our salary grid.
* Monthly perdiem.
* Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance).
* R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
* Leaves every 3 months.
URL de l’application: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=d2dyb29tLjM0MzkyLjExMTEyQHNlY291cnNpc2xhbWlxdWUuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t