Deadline: 8 December 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Russia is seeking proposals for its U.S. Ambassador’s Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) Small Grants Program 2020.
- Minimum Amount of Individual Awards: US $10,000 per project.
- Maximum Amount of Individual Awards: US $200,000 per project.
Proposals may be submitted targeting the following criteria:
- CULTURAL SITES—such as, but not limited to, historic buildings and archaeological sites;
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS from a museum, site, or similar institution—that include, but are not limited to, archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs; and,
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION—such as traditional music, indigenous languages, and crafts.
Funding Priorities — General
AFCP will recommend for funding the proposals that include project activities in adherence to the following guidelines and to international standards for the preservation of cultural heritage. These activities may include:
- CULTURAL SITES: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes.
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS: conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects; needs assessment of a collection with respect to its condition and strategies for improving its state of conservation; inventory of a collection for conservation and protection purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections.
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://ru.usembassy.gov/education-culture/cooperation-programs/afcp/afcp-small-grants/