i-Portunus announces Call for Applications for Artists and Culture Professionals
Deadline: 5 September 2019
i-Portunus has announced the call for applications for artists and culture professionals (individuals or groups of up to 5 people) aged 18+, active in the fields of performing arts and visual arts, of all educational qualifications and levels of experience, legally residing in a Creative Europe country.
- Visual arts: Crafts – Design – Digital arts – Fashion – Fine arts – Graphic arts – Photography.
- Performing arts: Circus – Dance – Opera – Performance – Puppetry – Street Art – Theatre.
The destination of the mobility must be a Creative Europe country. These mobilities must have a specific and well-defined objective, such as to develop an international collaboration, to engage in a production-oriented residency or in professional development.
The main objective of applicants mobility must be one of the following:
- International collaborations: For example, applicant are working on a cultural production, such as an exhibition, a performance, a theatre piece, with an international partner.
- Production-oriented residencies: For example, the result of applicants mobility will be a public presentation of a newly created body of work – an exhibition, a performance, a publication, etc.
- Professional development: For example, applicant will take part in auditions, network meetings, showcases, workshops, master classes, and other types of training outside of formal education.
- The level of support depends on the length of applicants mobility:
- 15 to 29 days: 1500 euros
- 30 to 60 days: 2400 euros
- Additional mobility support can be provided to artists & culture professionals living with a disability. In this case, the artist/culture professional should self-declare their access needs (for example Sign Language interpreter, personal assistant, lip-reader, etc). i-Portunus will ask for receipts for these additional costs.
- Applicants must be artists or culture professionals (individuals or groups of up to 5 people) active in the fields of the visual or performing arts, at least 18 years old, and legal residents of a Creative Europe country.
- Applicants and groups of applicants must be individuals, not legal entities.
- The destination of the mobility must be a trans-national Creative Europe country (or several of them), and not the country of residence of the artist.
- The Applicant has not previously received i-Portunus mobility support.
- The departure date must be on or after 11 October 2019; the return date on or before 31 December 2019. The total length of the mobility must be between 15 and 60 days (including travel days) and can take place either in one or several travels (each of a minimum of 5 days and with a total minimum of 15 days).
How to Apply
- In application, applicants will need to:
- describe the project and its main objective
- explain how the mobility project will allow applicant to achieve the stated objective
- provide documents showing that applicants have made plans with a partner or host institution(s), and that
- it is/they are committed to applicants project
- Applications must be submitted in English, using the on-line i-Portunus application form.
- Applications must include all of the information requested in the application form.
For more information, please visit https://www.i-portunus.eu/about-the-programme/call-for-applications/