Plan International recruits 01 Project Manager
Programme Y.O.D.A. is an organisational programme working towards our goal to become a more data-driven and transparent organisation. Through this programme, we will change our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution, revise our processes and working practices in relation to Finance, Grants, Programmes and Projects and Logistics and Procurement and develop a new MERL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning) digital solution. Our new ERP solution will strengthen our business processes and help us become more efficient and sustainable. Our Monitoring and Evaluation (MERL) solution will enable us to use data-driven insights to design, deliver and evaluate gender-transformative programmes and influencing, so we can reach 100 million girls. Together, they will help us understand the cost and impact of our projects, so we can make more informed decisions as we deliver our global strategy.
Plan globally has a priority project on Programme Y.O.D.A and as WACA, we require a Project Manager to oversee the project delivery by country offices. Key priorities are managing the on-going data cleansing process in line with global standards & procedures, ensuring support to countries with data cleansing, managing key implementation deliverables of the Y.O.D.A. project in WACA, and delivering regular ERP training sessions for country users.
S/he will work closely with Grants Remediation Team in the region and other relevant teams (eg grants, programmes, M&E, Logistics and procurement) on ERP/YODA globally regularly to resolve queries and achieve grants enhancements. S/he will help prepare countries to transition to a new ERP and MERL solution in line with Global priority for Plan International.
This role is based in any WACA country office – in the Program Operations Department and report to Regional Business Analyst – WACA RH
Dimensions of the role
- Support Country Offices in WACA Region to maximise the benefits of Y.O.D.A
- Plan International is currently using SAP system and planning to transition to a new Cloud-based ERP system within the next two years. This role will work closely with countries through ERP transition, support training & capacity building for countries of the new ERP and MERL systems.
- Overall, help drive operational and program excellence for WACA.
- The remit of the role covers the 14 countries and Regional Hub.
- This is a key role in supporting country offices in the WACA region with effective and efficient closure of grants.
- Planning Project Resources: Prepare a feasible rollout plan for the ERP & MERL systems that achieves the goals and objectives of the project and aligns with Plan International’s overall strategy and operational excellence objectives. The plan will define the project’s scope and determines the resources available, estimating time and financial commitment, as well as how to monitor and report on the project’s progress.
- Develop a practical SAP data-cleansing framework, reporting and process for COs in all critical areas, i.e. Finance, Grants, Projects and Procurement in close liaison with the business leads in these areas.
- Provide advice to COs on the formation of project teams: Provide advice and guidance to COs in identifying the right project teams for the ERP & MERL systems’ rollout. Provide best practice advice to COs on the critical tasks, deadlines, tools, approaches and processes required for rollout success.
- Act as the key contact and liaison between WACA and the rest of the organisation and external vendors regarding the ERP & MERL system rollout.
- Ensure that an effective and efficient training process is in place to provide comprehensive learning to all users in the region. Ensure such training is kept up to date throughout the rollout cycle.
- Advocate for best practice approaches to the reallocation of staff, financial and other resources, as required, to avoid imbalances between ongoing work and the project.
- Generate timely communications/project updates to all stakeholders in the region on ongoing project progress and critical milestone status.
- Implement an effective system that allows stakeholders and COs to provide continuous feedback on project progress and any current or potential issues.
- Ensure that a current and updated Issue Log is maintained and all reported items are resolved or escalated in time. Offer viable solutions and opportunities as they arise.
- Develop, sign-off processes, tools and documentation for each key project milestone/stage. Ensure the socialisation of the key indicators required for each milestone to CO Project Teams.
- Implement and maintain a knowledge management log that captures key learnings from the entire rollout cycle. Facilitate the creation of reflection platforms within COs and across the region to inform future projects of a similar nature. This documentation, along with all paperwork, must be collected, signed off on and archived by the end of the project.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies, and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Assisting countries to perform risk management to minimize project risks
This post interacts within the Program Y.O.D.A Management team, Global Finance team at Global Hub Woking, Regional Finance team, Regional Grants team, Regional Programmes, Regional/Country Office Logistics and Procurement, Country Office Change Champions, Regional M & E/ Research/Knowledge Management and Country Offices across WACA. This requires the building of good working relationships with staff from Executive to Programme Unit level. It also interacts with the Financial Planning and Analysis team and Treasury.
Technical expertise, skills, and knowledge
- Extensive experience on standards relevant to Project Management.
- Extensive experience of working preferably using large scale ERP systems
- ERP/SAP & MERL knowledge on both global implementation and business use.
- Strong knowledge and experience of applying financial accounting controls.
- Knowledge and awareness of generally applicable financial policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Able to take an issue, then plan and deliver a solution using its initiative, with little guidance.
- Ability to take ownership for the completion of tasks. Works well within a team.
- Promotes continuous improvement, innovation, and learning.
- Committed to Plan’s work with an understanding of and being a role model for Plan’s aims and values.
- Knowledge of ERP system processes across functions
- Ability to analyse big data and provide reports to senior managers including recommendations
- Experience in supporting multiple countries in resolving financial issues.
- Experience of rolling out of an ERP system.
- Office: West and Central Africa Hub
- Location: West Africa
- Employment status: Full time
- Contract status: Local
- Deadline for submission: 01 July 2020
Female applications are highly encouraged
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.plan-international.org.