Plan International recruits 01 Administrative Officer
Location: Freetown, N, SL
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Sierra Leone is seeking to recruit top-notch professional to fulfil the position of Administrative Officer based in Port Loko to deliver the tasks outlined below:
Summary of the position:
This role will support Plan International’s work in Sierra Leone by ensuring procurement is aligned with organizational standards and best practices.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
- Report to the Program Implementation & Influencing Area Manager (PIIAM)
- Ensure compliance with Plan International Sierra Leone’s procurement procedures;
- Ensure payment of goods and services in compliance with standards in place;
- Contribute to the development of supplier’s roster and monitor its periodic update;
- Ensures the organization works with competent and reliable suppliers
- Preparation, co-ordination and implementation of consolidated annual procurement plans and ensure user departments adhere to it in line with approved budgets;
- Provide logistical support for project activities; including transport for client visits, events such as workshops, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for goods, services or works;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy;
- Maintain files and records for all procurement processes, tenders, procurement evaluations, contracts, Purchase orders and all correspondences relating to the procurements;
- Submit procurement documents, contract and LPOs for payment processing;
- Contribute to the development and monitor a Long Term Agreement for the Program Unit;
- Ensure effective implementation of Plan Policy and procedures on management of vehicles.
- Issue a monthly report on fuel consumption;
- Make sure facilities are in good order for Plan’s work;
- Manage Inventories (stock);
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual logistics related reports;
- Align asset management with organizational standards;
- Support asset disposal process;
- Contribute to cost recovery efforts
- This position reports onto the Programme Implementation and Influencing Area Manager. The incumbent will also deal with other department staff and support them in their needs.
Ensure compliance with Plan International Sierra Leone’s procurement procedures:
- Accurately enter suppliers data in SAP following their validation
- Raise Request for Quotations in SAP and direct them to approved suppliers depending on thresholds involved.
- Interact with the Procurement Committee (PC) for timely opening of quotes/bids and assessment.
- Prepare canvas sheet to be reviewed by his/her supervisor for all procurement below the threshold of the procurement committee
Ensure payment of goods and services in compliance with standards in place:
- Upon receipt of invoice, cross-check to make sure that the quantity on the invoice matches with the purchase order and the delivery note;
- Prepare payment requests with all supporting documents and submit to the Logistics at the Country Office for processing;
- Ensure invoices are processed within seven (7) working days of receipt.
Develop a suppliers roster and monitor its periodic update:
- Actively contribute to the process to develop a supplier database of the Program Unit,
- Coordinate the annual updating process
- Ensure suppliers are assessed as soon as work is completed and assessment sheets are kept securely in view of the annual update.
Develop and monitor a Long Term Agreement for the Program Unit:
- Prepare and send out requests for prices to approved suppliers
- Coordinate with the Procurement Committee (PC) assessment
- Get Long Term Agreements (LTAs) signed with selected suppliers
Ensure effective implementation of Plan Policy and procedures on management of vehicles:
- Maintain an accurate and up to date motorbike and vehicle records file
- Monitor vehicle movements and manage vehicle tracking system
- Collect individual travel plans at the Program Unit and convert them into weekly vehicles planning
- Create the trip ticket for each assignment and get it signed by the PIIAM
- Report for timely renewal of insurance and licensing of all Plan’s cars and bikes.
- Ensure that the Program unit vehicles have required documentation (Logbook, Maintenance book, Fuel records)
- Make a periodic random check of vehicle documentation to ensure proper filing
- Ensures that Plan’s vehicles are in good working order at all times
- Ensure drivers consistently complete cars logbooks and report any incident without delay.
Issue a monthly report on fuel consumption:
- Ensure availability of fuel for generators and vehicles
- Ensure timely (within 2 working days) liquidation of fuel at the end of each month
- Prepare and submit a monthly fuel consumption report (vehicles and generators and submit it to the Logistics Coordinator at the Country Office no later than the 5th of the month)
- Prepare for the Logistics Coordinator review latest on the 5th of the month, a summary of distances run for each project in support of cost recovery process.
- Analyse consumption data and support possible gaps with appropriate explanations
Make sure facilities are in good order for Plan International’s work:
- Receive electricity and water invoices of the Program Unit and process their payment after routine verifications;
- Ensure cleaning, and timely repair and maintenance of office facilities;
- Ensure that the electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment are in good condition and well maintained.
Manage Inventories (stock)
- Organize the Program Unit stock according to Plan’s procedures and established standards;
- Record the in and out movement to inform entry of items in stock and their use for Plan’s work;
- Prepare a quarterly report of stock movement for supervisor’s appreciation.
Contribute to preparation of quarterly and annual logistics related reports
- Provide data for the quarterly administration report;
- Track information required to complete the annual environmental report and prepare for the Logistics Coordinator to review the draft in view of its timely submission.
- Align asset management with organizational standards
- Receive delivery of ordered goods
- Enter Good Delivery Notes (GDN) in SAP as and when they are available
- In support to staff exit process, verify, take hold of asset under their custody and file evidence for future reference
Support asset disposal process
- Share with the Logistics Coordinator list of assets to be disposed off
- Keep good record of support documents of the disposal for reference
Contribute to cost recovery efforts
- Ensure tools to track operating costs are effective
- Raise alert when trends of expenses in those fields are beyond the average and suggest measures to bring them back into reasonable scope.
- Ensure that costs associated with vehicle use are appropriately shared by projects they are used for.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A recognized Diploma in Procurement and Logistics or similar qualification from a reputable institution of learning;
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience managing procurement in a reputable organization;
- Good understanding of procurement processes and linkages with other operations.
- Team working skills with attention to contributions from other team members
- Capacity to prioritize and manage various workloads with short deadlines in fragile and culturally dynamic environments.
- Diplomatic and interpersonal skill including negotiation and influence skills.
- Capacity to work with many stakeholders belonging to different professional environments.
- Excellent IT knowledge, especially capacity to use common applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and Internet.
- Loyal, honest, trustworthy and respectful of procedures.
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working with colleagues from different cultures and various internal departments
- Good writing skills in English
- Preference for team work and a collaborative working environment
- Great availability
- Great listening skills, discreet and tactful
- Sensitive to cultural and social conditions
- Commitment to continuous learning; willing to update knowledge in logistics field
- Ability to respond/manage multiple demands from various sites/departments
- Work experience in an INGOGENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Ensure staff understand Plan International’s commitment to driving a feminist agenda within the organization, and the ambition for gender equality and gender transformative leadership is embedded in our value-based leadership framework.
Plan International’s Values
Last date for submission of Application (CV and cover letter) is: 20th August, 2019 by 5:00 pm
To apply for this job, kindly click on « Apply ». Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor
- Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.
Location: Port Loko
Type of Role:Administrative Officer (National Position)
Reports to: Program Implementation and Influencing Area Manager
Closing Date: 20th August, 2019
Exclusif- Samuel Eto'o prend sa retraite internationale
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo
Villa à louer à Hédzranawoé non loin de la piscine Atlantide