Path recruits 01 Regional Project Coordinator, Human PapillomaVirus
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH in Ethiopia is currently implementing various high impact projects with the aim of saving and improving the lives of the most vulnerable and undeserved women and children in the country.
We are seeking a Regional Project Coordinator, Human PapillomaVirus (HPV) for Somali region to support and strengthen the national immunization program particularly the national introduction of HPV vaccine and other new vaccines through technical assistance and providing direct support to the vaccine introduction, develop regional communication plan for the national HPV roll-out and coordinate post-launch monitoring and implementation activities.
The Regional Project Coordinator will be seconded to Somali regional health bureau based in Jigjiga and will report to the national Senior Technical HPV Advisor based in Addis Ababa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely within regional government to facilitate liaising with partners and stakeholders, in order to ensure continuity of the implementation of the planned activities for HPV, MCV2 and PIRI introduction
- Help develop detailed regional HPV and other New Vaccine introduction(NVI) plan as well as PIRI with timelines and clear responsibilities, taking into account information on the likely timing of the release of the Vaccine Introduction Grant and of Vaccine Supply
- Assist Afar RHB to facilitate the different technical working group meetings in preparation and timely distribution of training manuals, guidelines, job-aids, and communication tools on HPV, MCV2 and PIRI.
- Conduct preliminary supportive supervision and report the findings to the Afar RHB, zones and woredas on different preparatory activities of the HPV roll out and MCV2 introduction as well as PIRI including support to any necessary analysis of data
- Organize zonal and district micro-planning –exercise and collect and compile MPs at regional level
- Support the PIRI regional implementation
- Support and coordinate regional communication working group in developing/adapting appropriate communication materials for HPV roll-out, MCV2 introduction and PIRI to address all target population including out of school girls for HPV
- Follow up and make sure all vaccines and other necessary supplies are timely distributed.
- Facilitate advocacy visits to different stake holders at regional and zonal levels
- Support RHBs in clearly communicating roles and responsibilities of lower administrative levels in HPV, MCV2 introduction and PIRI in selected Woredas of the region as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Officer or BSc in nursing and having master’s in public health is an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in public health programming, with particular experience in the area of immunization and maternal/child health programs.
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with government, partners, donors and international organizations at various levels.
- Experience in facilitating meetings and moderating complex discussions with a variety of stakeholders (including religious and clan leaders) preferred.
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities and work under minimal/remote supervision.
- S/he should be fluent in local languages i.e. Somali language for the position in Somali Health Bureau.
- Skilled in successfully working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including cross-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Somali region.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time to the districts.
To apply for this position, Please visit the PATH Careers page or send copy of your credentials and cover letter specifying to which region you are applying using the below address to PATH office in Ethiopia.
PATH office in Ethiopia P.O. Box 493 Code 1110 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Application deadline is July 5, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Ethiopia. PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued. PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Job Location Jigjiga, Ethiopia Company Location Jigjiga, Ethiopia Position Type Full-Time/Regular
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo