Call for Proposals: Julia Taft Refugee Fund 2019 in Mali
Deadline: 18 April 2019
The U.S. Embassy Bamako in collaboration with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) is currently accepting proposals via the Julia Taft Refugee Fund 2019 from potential partners working to assist refugees in Mali.
This support is meant to meet low-cost gaps in refugee protection and assistance.
- Minimum Award Amount: $5,000
- Ceiling Award Amount: $25,000
- Improve the mental health of the refugee community.
- Build a playground for refugee children.
- Start an income-generating cooperative for returnees.
- Support an education program for refugees.
- Develop a youth program for refugees.
- Support livelihoods training and sports programs.
- Support a transit center for unaccompanied minor refugees and asylum seekers.
- Support early childhood education, health, and nutrition activities.
- Support water, sanitation, health, and livelihoods.
- Provide protection for vulnerable refugees.
- Provide a shelter for women and girls refugees who are survivors of gender-based violence (GBV).
- Support a vocational training program for refugees.
- Support returnees with manufacturing of liquid soap.
- Train refugees in gardening and running small businesses.
- Support an income-generating project and provide health care to disabled residents.
- Support an urban refugee training and girls’ empowerment project.
- Train mothers of youth, who participate in non-formal out-of-school program, on furniture re-upholstery and also provide the women with basic hygiene awareness.
- Provide agricultural support to returnee families.
- Any other activities that support refugees or returnees.
- The funds are meant to support projects that assist refugees or refugee returnees.
- Requests to provide funding to populations other than refugees/returnees are discouraged, but exceptions can be made in some regions with “populations of concern” to PRM, such as internally displaced persons (IDPs), vulnerable migrants, and stateless persons.
- Consideration for support is also given to projects that benefit both populations of concern and their host communities.
- The fund is not meant as an emergency fund.
- Applicants must be a registered organization (e.g.: NGO, community-based organization, faith-based organization)
- Local NGOs will be given priority.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Mali
For more information, please visit https://ml.usembassy.gov/call-for-proposals-funding-opportunity-julia-taft-refugee-fund-for-fy-2019/