Nestlé Cameroun Recrute
Les recrutements au Cameroun sont gratuits, prenez garde si des frais vous sont demandés et n'envoyez jamais de l'argent par transfert électronique (MOMO ou OM)
Legal Manager – (Tropical Cluster)
Company: Nestlé Cameroun
Key countries covered : Cameroun, Gabon, Thad, Democratic Republic of Congo
Position Type: Full-time
Minimum Educational qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Cameroun is currently looking for a Legal Manager to cover the Tropical Cluster with key focus areas that include ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations affecting the operations of the company (OHADA and local Laws); advise the business on legal issues involving internal and external stakeholders; work with external solicitors to protect the interest of the business; Management of the portfolio of litigation with the support of external Lawyers; prepare / vet legal documents; represent company at OPS meetings on legal issues; advise the Board and company on ethics, conflict of interest and good corporate governance; managing the relationships with regulatory authorities, government agencies, shareholders & their associations and successful conduct of statutory meetings; training to strengthen capacities of the company employees; legal monitoring.
A day in the life of…
- Providing reliable and resourceful legal and business advice on a broad spectrum of areas including contracts, trademarks – working in collaboration with the Regional and Global Function’s subject matter experts with respect to day to day operations;
- Providing where necessary, appropriate training to stakeholders in relation to compliance, governance, litigation, trademarks, policies and procedures.
- Manage and collaborate with External legal service providers in relation to specific litigation matters by setting clear objective, defining a strategic direction, reviewing work product for quality assurance, securing evidence, and providing ongoing information to counsels in order to ensure that objectives are fully met, and at all times keeping line manager and relevant management fully informed of all relevant developments on all such matters.
- Provide legal and company secretarial support to subsidiaries and associated entities as may be required.
- Ensure cordial relationships between the company, regulatory authorities, government agencies and ministries
- Successful conduct of statutory meetings of the company in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
What will make you successful
- University/Bachelors degree – (Law Degree), with a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in a busy corporate environment or law firm.. 3 years managerial experience is a plus.
- Need to communicate in proficient French and English at a high level and effectively with External counsel, Vendors, colleagues in the business.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
- The role requires a solid working knowledge of the law and a good understanding of business as a whole. Decisions are made with respect to contractual obligations, statutory requirements and issues on intellectual property which require a sound legal mind with ability to appreciate all factors including those unidentifiable by the business team. The role would be required to hold fort in the absence of the Line Manager and has limited decision making functions in the circumstance.
- Creative ways of approaching issues, improving existing processes and policies and offering solutions and improvements where necessary, including keeping abreast with changes in the law that affect business operations.
FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE:
- Countries 24
- Currencies West Africa Francs (XOF), HIMA – several
- Bottlers & types BGI, Heineken, independents
HOW DO I APPLY?
Apply by clicking on the “apply” button, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV. The closing date for application is 13thFebruary 2020. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.