Maersk Line recruits 01 Regional Communication Manager
Regional Communication Manager, Africa
Last application date: 21/4/2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Maersk Communications team in one of the most dynamic markets in the world. Maersk has the ambition to become the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying customer’s supply chains.
The industry dynamics around container logistics is changing at a rapid pace and as such, Maersk, as industry leader, is changing too.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in engaging employee audiences in the Maersk transformation as we take 88,000 employees on the journey to transform from a conglomerate into a focused, integrated transport & logistics company.
The Communication function in Maersk is tasked with safeguarding the reputation of Maersk and telling the Maersk story to audiences internally and externally.
You will also be part of an innovative, fun, dynamic and global team!
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
– Drive understanding of the vision, strategy and 2019 priorities across brands;
– Drive awareness and support the regional transformation;
– Drive external positioning to support regional business objectives;
– Drive a One Maersk mindset across brands in Africa;
– Drive regional strategy cascade process after Global Leadership Conference (and similar initiatives throughout the year);
– Drive communication on regional priorities to support strategy;
– Establish and maintain a regional media landscape, including building contacts to key outlets and journalists and the monitoring of regional media activity;
– Manage relationship/s with 3rd party PR firms, where applicable;
– Support regional leadership when speaking at industry events and engaging with media; ensure key messages are building on global messaging;
– Develop trade reports, impact studies and/or opinion pieces when relevant to improve reputation and/or commercial opportunities in Africa;
– Drive regular training of accredited spokespersons;
– Coordinate regional crisis communication;
– Support regional leadership in driving a common agenda across brands;
– Support any local communication resources to ensure their work is in line with the global internal and external communication strategies.
We are looking for
The idea candidate will hold a BA degree in Communication, Journalism, or other related discipline combined with previous experience developing and managing internal and external communication, including work with PR agencies.
• Are a self-starter and quick learner who can challenge and help overcome the status quo.
• Are used to work very independently – getting direction from head office and ensure regional implementation of communication strategies
• Are flexible with the ability to manage multiple topics and projects simultaneously.
• Take full ownership and responsibility of communication tasks, small and large – and have the tenacity to see them through.
• Hands-on, can-do attitude; a person who is willing to propose and try something new at the same time as being a
collaborative, team player.
• Are a ‘People person’ who can build strong networks with stakeholders internally and externally.
• A person who is passionate about internal channels, captivating content and ensuring corporate messages reach a wide range of internal audiences.