L’OIM recruits 01 Programme Officer
- Niveau d’études: Non précisé
- Expérience: Non précisé
- Expire le: 10-10-2019
L’Organisation Internationale pour les Migrants (OIM)
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Position Title : Programme Officer
Duty Station : Khartoum, Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 10 October 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; El Salvador; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Libya; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Situated between North Africa and the Horn of Africa, Sudan is the country of transit and destination for mixed migration flows from the Horn of Africa and West Africa aiming to reach Europe through North Africa, as well as the country of origin for Sudanese who aspire to seek employment in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. In line with IOM’s mandate, IOM Sudan works to uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and to advance the understanding of migration issues in the region.
The Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA) programme under the Migration Management and Development Unit (MMDU) of IOM Sudan responds to the protection needs of both Sudanese and foreign migrants. For Sudanese migrants, IOM Sudan provides reception and reintegration assistance upon their return from the countries of destination as part of Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR). For vulnerable migrants of foreign origin, IOM Sudan provides direct assistance and AVRR at a Migrant Resource and Response Centre (MRRC), which was established in Khartoum in 2015. The services of the MRRC are also extended to the migrants who are referred from partner agencies and through community outreach. In March 2019, IOM Sudan also opened a Migrant Resource Centre (MRC) in the eastern state of Gedaref and plans to open another centre in North Darfur.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the MMDU, the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (PC) for MPA/ Labour Migration, and in close coordination with other relevant colleagues at IOM Sudan, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and implementing specific MRRC and MRC operation and AVRR activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate, monitor and follow up on the implementation of donor funded projects that support the operation of the Khartoum MRRC and MRCs in other locations, including contributing to resource planning, monitoring and the drafting of donor reporting, in coordination with the PC.
2. Coordinate and monitor the implementation of inbound Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) projects. Provide assistance for the return and reintegration of returning Sudanese migrants, and liaise with missions in host countries responsible for overseeing project reporting, airport reception and the delivery of reintegration and subsequent monitoring and evaluation.
3. Monitor the work of the Khartoum MRRC team in close coordination with the MRRC National Outreach Officer and supervise the activities implemented through the Centre including through its outreach team. Ensure the correct implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), putting in place a system to regularly analyse beneficiary feedback to inform service provision.
4. Support and encourage links between the MRRC and MRCs elsewhere and relevant Government entities, other UN agencies especially UNHCR, civil society partners and local service providers.
5. Collect and review data, and prepare technical inputs for the development of visibility and information products to support resource mobilisation and donor engagement.
6. Participate in relevant meetings with donors, government entities, UN agencies, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
7. Undertake international and national duty travel and field visits as required.
8. Perform such other duties as maybe assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Social / Political Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above field with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated experience in project coordination, implementation and donor reporting, including in the areas of direct assistance to vulnerable migrants and community engagement;
• Experience with working as part of and managing of a multi-cultural team;
• Demonstrated experience working with government entities, donors, UN agencies, and other developmental partners and civil society actors;
• Experience of the implementation of assistance to vulnerable migrants and the reintegration of returning migrants;
• Experience in or knowledge of MiMOSA or other relevant data management systems is an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. • Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 October 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
Posting period: 10.10.2019
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Jette un coup d'oeil 👇:
Nouvel Ordre Mondial Illuminati Franc maçon recrute à ce moment , tout savoir
Togo : Le Fonds XOESE recrute (13 décembre 2021)
Togo : Le Groupe HeidelbergCement recrute pour 20 postes (10 décembre)
Togo : l’OTR recrute (20 décembre)
Jobwide Recrute à ce moment des publicateurs d'offre d'emploi (télétravailleurs).
Doingbuzz et Jobwide lancent un appel aux recruteurs de tout bord
Jobwide et non jobvite : votre site de recherche d’offres d'emploi
L'AUF lance un appel à candidatures pour la dixième édition du Prix de la Francophonie pour jeunes c...
RDC: Deux explosions à Béni, le gouvernement réagit
Philip Morris International recruits 01 Customer Experience Trainee
Line Maersk Recrute 01 Directeur des Ventes au Bénin
SAV BÉNIN RECRUTE 01 COMMERCIAL EN CHARGE DU CORPORATE