LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) 2020 for Nigerian undergraduates
Deadline: July 11, 2020
Applications are open for the LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) 2020. LEAP Africa invites passionate Nigerian undergraduates between the ages of 18 – 29 years to apply for its Youth Leadership Programme (YLP).
The objective of the YLP is to empower young people with leadership skills to be socially active citizens and with tools to develop change projects in their communities in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The programme will include intensive training, mentoring, coaching that inspires action on social problems and the SDGs through the power of skills, active citizenship, leadership and social entrepreneurship.
Over the years, the Youth Leadership Programme, one of LEAP’s flagship programme has inspired and transformed over 3,000 youth who have in turn impacted over 8000 people through community change projects. More than 60% of the YLP alumni network is advocating for good governance, started social enterprises and making powerful contributions across the nation.
- Open to a team of 3-5 people;
- 18-29 years of age;
- Committed to attending online training and available for mentoring;
- Only higher institutions students across Nigeria should apply;
- Team members can be from different higher institutions.
- Step 1: Form a team of 3 to 5 people who share the same vision, drive and commitment towards social problems and choose a team leader.
- Step 2: Introduce your team and share your social challenge and why your team should be selected in a 2-minute video. Upload the video on YouTube or Google Drive and include the link in your online application
- Step 3: Apply using the link to the application form. The team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team. Please ensure all team members are interested in and committed to the overall goal and objective of the programme.
- Step 4: 20 teams will be selected to officially join the programme.
- Step 5: The programme will kick off in July 2020