LCDE recrute 01 General Coordinator (M/F) IRAQ- Erbil/Dohuk annonces (only for nationals or IRAK Citizen or Double citizenship)
About La Chaîne de l’Espoir:
La Chaîne de l’Espoir (LCDE) is a French non-for-profit association founded by Professor Alain Deloche in 1994 and currently chaired by Doctor Eric Cheysson. This international aid association is independent and impartial. It works in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. La Chaîne de l’Espoir was formed by a network of medical and surgical expertise. As a key player in the health sector, it is committed to providing medical treatment and education to children who need it most. It also supports the health systems in the countries in which it intervenes, by building and equipping structures adapted to the local context.
LCDE in Iraq:
LCDE is implementing programmes in Sinjar that aim at rebuilding the healthcare system that was previously destroyed, contributing to the early recovery and stabilization of Sinjar District.
The 1st programme aims at supporting the primary health care centre of Sinjar by building and equipping an operation theatre. A second phase (yet to be launched) consists in recruiting and managing a team to run the operation theatre.
The 2nd programme aims at building the Sinjar French Medical Institute (a modular hospital). The SFMI will provide health care to men, women and children of all ages. It includes a mother and child unit, and will also be designed to include outpatient consultations, medical imaging, a laboratory, a pharmacy as well as the hospital’s first logistics and energy premises.
All programmes are supported by the Iraqi Ministry of Health (MOH) and the French Government through its Centre of Crisis and Support (CDCS). The SFMI programme is also supported by the Madad Fund of the European Union for the equipment.
General scope of the position:
The General Coordinator for Operations is managing the country office in close coordination with the General Coordinator for infrastructure, with whom s.he coordinates the field steering committee.
S.He has the overall responsibility for strategic planning, operations’ implementation and fundraising. S.He ensures that LCDE’s operations in Iraq contributes effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of project beneficiaries and that set objectives for the office and projects are achieved in time.
S.He coordinates and supervise operations in Iraq, except activities related to construction and medical equipment.
S.He represents LCDE in the country, and creates and maintain strong relationships with partners so as to ensure LCDE’s visibility in Iraq.
S.He is ultimately responsible for the security and safety management of the mission and its employees.
S.He manages an admin/finance/HR coordinator, a logistics and security coordinator and a medical coordinator, as well as a representative in Bagdad. S.He reports directly to the programmes coordinator in LCDE headquarter and liaises with other HQ department where and when needs be.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The General Coordinator for Operations handles the following activities.
- Country operational strategy
In close coordination with the General Coordinator for infrastructure:
- Ensure monitoring of humanitarian context, health sector development and geopolitical challenges in Iraq in general and in LCDE’s areas of intervention in particular;
- Ensures compliance with the set strategic orientation and country action plan;
- Oversee preparation of strategic and operational plans (analysis of national context, strategy to support partners, budget forecasts, annual action plans), consistent with LCDE overall strategy;
- Supervise monitoring and evaluation of the operational strategy within the country;
- Ensure the relevance, quality, and consistency of projects within the country, and propose strategic reorientations when necessary;
- Ensure that LCDE fulfils the contractual commitments with donors;
- Establish a fundraising strategy for the country, as per the in-country legal framework, and monitor and analyse donor strategies for the country;
- Coordinates the development of proposals for institutional donors in relation with Headquarters.
- Representation and external relations
- Serves, with the Bagdad representative, as representative for registration with the local authorities and registration renewal;
- Ensure regular liaisons with all external stakeholders in KRI and Iraq, including but not limited to NGOs, UN agencies, current and potential donors, and authorities at Governorate, Regional (KRI) or country-level as necessary;
- Ensure positive working relationship with all partners and stakeholders;
- Represent LCDE at relevant high-level meetings, such as the NGO Coordination Committee for Iraq (NCCI), donor briefings, and participate in clusters and sector working groups in coordination with the country team;
- Ensure regular liaisons with the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) to raise issues linked to policy and strategy;
- Create opportunities to promote LCDE in Iraq and KRI in order to ensure a sustainable presence in the country;
- Represent LCDE in strategic meetings, conferences, forums and other local, regional and national events and contribute to consolidating and raising the profile of LCDE in Iraq;
- Ensure the promotion of humanitarian and LCDE principles towards all stakeholders within representational activities.
- Project management
- Ensure that all projects are implemented as per plan (including monitoring and evaluation) and reach the set objectives;
- Ensure that all current and future projects are relevant, cost effective, sustainable and in line with LCDE strategy;
- Ensure that recommendations of the HQ steering committee or resulting from evaluation findings are implemented. S.He does so in close collaboration with the general coordinator for infrastructure and LCDE headquarter, as well as the country office team;
- Work closely with the HQ Programme coordinator to ensure that operations comply with the best practices all along the project cycle;
- Write reports to donors in collaboration with headquarters and institutional funding management, in time and in line with donor’s requirements;
- Coordinate the development of proposals for institutional donors in cooperation with the Headquarters;
- Contribute to monitoring-reporting-evaluation (internal and external) related to projects funded by institutional or private donors. Ensures that these activities are consistent with LCDE’s operational framework and methodology and that they comply with donor requirements.
- Human resources management
- Help establishing and/or implementing HR policies within the country, consistent with the national regulatory framework and ensuring compliance with national regulations;
- Recruit collaborators within countries and integrate them into operations;
- Ensure a proper Human resources set-up of the mission to reach agreed objectives, including staff recruitment, supervision, appraisal, mentoring and capacity building.
- Ensure the cohesion of the national team, establish a climate of trust, good communication and regular exchanges among all employees;
- Facilitate, mediate and monitor medical, paramedical and coordination missions: organization and follow-up of mission planning, briefing of volunteers on mission objectives and security, supervision during the mission.
- Budget, financial, and administrative management
- Prepare the Country Budget and supervise financial project monitoring, consistent with the operational strategy and internal procedures;
- Ensure the implementation and enforcement of support procedures (accounting, budgets, treasury, purchasing, HR, inventory, etc.) and internal control;
- Supervise Administration and Finance and ensure the proper and sound financial management of the mission;
- Contribute to monthly planning, budget monitoring and forecast, as well as treasury forecast in compliance with LCDE’s regulation and programmes implementation;
- Collaborate with LCDE headquarter and support the admin/finance/HR coordinator and the logistics coordinator in the preparation and proper conduct of audits, whether internal or external;
- Manage activities regarding LCDE’s agreement / authorisation to operate in the country;
- Oversee the implementation of administrative and legal procedures required by national authorities;
- Ensure the responsible and efficient management of assets and financial resources.
- Supervise logistic activities and ensure proper procurement practices and a sound management of the supply chain, fleet, stocks, etc.
- Ultimately responsible to ensure the compliance with internal and donor’s requirements.
- Safety and security
- Ensure monitoring and analysis of the security and safety context, and that country office employees are aware of it;
- Ensure that all new staff members receive a security briefing and that all international staff members are briefed upon arrival;
- Ensure the implementation of security and safety procedures and that all employees are compliant;
- Manage security incidents.
Experience / Training
Advanced university degree in business administration, political science, international relations, project management or a related field is required.
Minimum 5 years’ experiences as a General Coordinator/Country director with an international NGO, out of which 2 years with a medical NGO.
Experience in managing health programmes including construction and furbishing of hospitals, would be a strong added value.
A solid humanitarian background is necessary.
Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
Knowledge of Kurdish is desirable.
French is an asset.
- Adherence to humanitarian principle and LCDE’s code of ethics;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop comprehensive and inclusive country strategies and context analysis;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with a proven track record in forming effective relationships with a range of traditional, local and international authorities, organisations and donors;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management and programming;
- Good reporting skills, with proven ability in financial report writing;
- Demonstrated experience in managing compliance to strategic donors’ requirements;
- Demonstrated team management skills in multicultural environments, ability to motivate and lead colleagues;
- Experience of working in insecure environments or complex emergency contexts;
- Strong financial management skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Patience, flexibility and capacity of adaptation;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Package;
- Capacity to travel, especially to Sinjar.
National, 12 months full time contract. Possibility of renewal.
Salary range: according to profile and experience
Position based in Erbil with mission to Sinjar.
How to apply
Applications comprising a cover letter and a CV with at least two references should be addressed to LCDE recruitment team with the subject “General Coordinator for Operations-Iraq”, by email to [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Deadline for application: 12/07/2020