IRC recruits 01 Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Accountability and Monitoring Systems
- Develop and/or update M&E tools, databases and monthly reporting formats in close collaboration with the MEAL focal points/sectoral managers.
- Support the staff in mobile data collection; using Kobo Collect, CommCare and the IRC apps to collect and analyze data.
- Conduct data audits and analysis to ensure high quality data, compile a report with relevant indicator data per grant, showing targets versus actuals and an action plan and send this to the Field Coordinator, MEAL Manager, and Technical Managers and Coordinators on a monthly basis.
- Beneficiary counting: a quarterly gender and age dis-aggregated overview per grant per sector should be provided.
- Advise staff on data management and storage to field staff, in collaboration with IT.
- Manage the development of effective and sustainable feedback mechanisms to IRC from program beneficiaries/stakeholders.
- Contribute to the rollout of IRC global strategic initiatives related to measurement and accountability, and enable reporting against IRC global standards and requirements.
Assessment, Learning, and Documentation
- Ensure relevant, timely, and quality support to the field office on assessments and evaluations; i.e. support in developing the survey tools, data analysis and report writing.
- Attend and participate in semi-annual meetings with other MEAL Officers, , the senior M&E officer, the MEAL Managers and the Accountability and Learning Coordinator on project monitoring and learning updates, achievements, challenges.
- Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities.
- Track and ensure organized, comprehensive electronic filing of documented findings/analyses.
- When appropriate/applicable, facilitate and participate in information sharing opportunities among IRC offices/partners/donors.
- Facilitate capacity building for other IRC staff (especially the MEAL focal points/sector managers on skills and knowledge related to M&E and accountability and learning, including related IRC global initiatives. Relevant topics may include but are not limited to, designing monitoring tools, monitoring budgets, analyzing monitoring data, conducting assessment/ evaluation, and implementing feedback mechanisms.
- Conduct visits to sub-offices and intervention areas to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that accountability and learning tools and strategies are understood and being implemented effectively.
Qualifications Education: Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, systems science, and/or other relevant fields with at least three years of relevant professional work experience; Work Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience, preferably in an international NGO, in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Preferred knowledge of mobile data collection tools such as Kobo Collect or CommCare.
- Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and high workload.
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Applicants, and especially women, having experience in a refugee setting are encouraged to apply