IRC announces COALESCE Research Fund 2019
Deadline: 8 August 2019
Irish Research Council (IRC) has announced a COALESCE Research Fund 2019 that addresses national and global societal challenges.
The overall aim of this call is to cultivate new knowledge, evidence, collaborations and links that enhance the role and impact of Ireland’s research community in contributing to the achievement of national challenges and wider global goals. COALESCE will leverage the quality of Ireland’s research base to address societal challenges.
Types of Strand
- COALESCE Strand 1 : Strand 1 seeks to harness the resources and expertise of the Irish research system to support the successful achievement of Ireland’s 10 national goals as set out in Project Ireland 2040.
- COALESCE Strand 2: Strand 2 has been designed to support the development of interdisciplinary and intersectoral collaboration/capacity in the context of global or international challenges.
- The lead applicant and any co-PIs must be in a position to devote adequate time to the management and realisation of the project.
- The PIs are advised that, by submitting applications in their own name,they personally undertake to develop the project, with due attention and viable commitments of time and without sub-contracting the project to another party or parties. In addition, the requirements set out by the Strategic Partners are part of the general Terms and Conditions of this scheme.
- Applicants may concurrently apply for a Strand 1 and Strand 2 award.
- In the event of an applicant being successful in more than one strand in this call, the applicant must clearly indicate a timemanagement strategy and must receive approval of the same from the Irish Research Council in order to be permitted to accept both awards.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit http://research.ie/funding/coalesce/