HI recruits 01 Field Coordinator
PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANISATION
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ».
HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
For more information, please visit: www.hi.org
INFORMATION ON THE MISSION CONTEXT
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991. The current program strategy in Iraq includes three main components:
– Long-term projects: support to civil society, access to services, awareness campaigns, community-based rehabilitation.
– Mine Action component: risk education, victim assistance, non-technical survey and clearance operations
– Emergency response for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable host communities (rapid protection assessments, provision of physical rehabilitation and psychosocial support services)
Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the capture of territory by the ISIS-group, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations. HI has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across 5 different Governorates.
The current operations are implemented in the Kurdistan region (mine action project – clearance) and in Central Iraq (Ninewah, Kirkuk, Diyala, Anbar and Baghdad Governorates).
HI has currently a country coordination office in Erbil, field offices in Mosul, Kirkuk, Kalar, Sinjar and Baghdad.
The Baghdad office is a sub-office of the coordination office (for administrative purpose) and an operational office for interventions in South Diyala, Baghdad and Anbar governorates (up to 2h of travel).
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOB
Line-manager: Country Director
Funding body(ies): Multiple donor (GAC, UNOPS, GMOFA)
Size of budget managed: 1,5 M Euros
Size of team: Around 20 persons
Number of persons directly managed: 1 Project Manager, 1 Support Servises Manager, 2 Technical Advisors, 1 MEAL officer
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Under the direct responsibility and support of the Country Director, you will be responsible for:
• Ensure HI external positioning at field level in the respect of HI mandate and values, of local cultural and legal rules
• Ensure implementation and development of projects in your area, in line with HI global mandate and policies, as well as HI country strategic operational framework
• Lead HI security policy development and management at field level
• Plan, validate and follow up the expenses and the budget of the implemented projects using the financial tools set for this purpose in coordination with the Admin team on the base
• Ensure, with the support of Logistics team, that HI procedures are implemented and respected regarding base & equipment management, procurement & stock management, transport & vehicle management
• Ensure internal coordination and strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation & HR procedures by your staff
• Lead the provision of regular reporting on HI activities in your area
MAIN TASKS OF THE EXPATRIATE
Responsibility 1: Representation and Coordination
Responsibility 2: Security Management
Responsibility 3: PROJECT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
Responsibility 4: Logistics Management
Responsibility 5: Finance Management
Responsibility 6: Team Management
Responsibility 7: Reporting
The complete job descriptions will be shared with short-listed candidates.
Position based in Baghdad, where there are little options for social life for the time being. Baghdad is accessible from Erbil (coordination office) by plane only. The security conditions in Baghdad remain fluid and tensed even though they are improving. Movements are subject to restrictions and a curfew is in place from 12am.
– At least 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian or development contexts, preferably in the management of post-emergency or development programs and/or mine action programs
– Previous coordination experience is mandatory
– Previous security management experience is mandatory
– Previous project management is an asset
– Previous experience in Iraq or in another Middle Eastern country is an asset
– Good understanding of HR, logistics and financial procedures
– Strong team management skills
– High level of autonomy and initiative
– Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Strong writing and reporting skills
– Very creative, enthusiastic and positive
– Reactive and flexible
– Able to quickly adapt to new cultures and changing contexts
– Can work independently and take initiative when needed
• Starting date: July 2019
• Length of the contract: 6 months renewable
• Salary from 2750 € (gross) / month regarding the experience of the candidate
• Per-diem: 501.84€/ month net
• Hardship allowance: 500€/month net
• Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days per year
• R&R: 5 days every 6 weeks
• Accommodation: collective
• Single position