Intersos recruits 01 Program Manager
Terms of reference
Job Title: Program Manager – South Sudan
Duty station: Malakal and Bentiu with frequent mission in all the projects area
Starting date: 19/05/2019
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Area Coordinator
Supervision of: National Field Staff
General context of the project
South Sudan is a country which has been affected by complex emergencies, both natural and conflict-related, for decades. INTERSOS has been present in South Sudan since 2006 with a country office in Juba and field bases in six States of the country, namely Jonglei, Upper Nile, Unity, Eastern Equatoria, Western Equatoria and Central Equatoria. INTERSOS focuses on implementing emergency response and relief programs in different sectors: Protection, Education, NFI/Shelter and WASH with a special focus on serving the conflict-affected population, including the forcibly displaced and the host communities, which often are equally vulnerable. This project will be implemented under the South Sudan Humanitarian Fund and will consist of a GBV mobile response to reach difficult accessible areas in the whole country where the humanitarian needs are highest.
General purpose of the position
This position is aimed at ensuring the prompt and effective delivery of the the assigned Projects in Upper Nile and Unity states and other additional areas of expansion in case it is required. By the end of the assignment, the post holder is expected to have:
- Contributed to ensuring beneficiaries targeted by projects are accessing all the foreseen services;
- Ensured the technical quality of projects by paying particular attention to technical aspects of CP and Protection sector required;
- Managed all project logistics to ensure the achievement of projects’ activities;
- Managed all financial resources available to projects – ensuring sound documentation is in place for all procurements and internal and donor procedures are applied as applicable;
- Ensured data is collected to respond to all projects’ indicators in a timely fashion for interim and final reporting;·
- Ensured timely submission of all reports due at State level and contributed to country-level reporting (5Ws, interim and final reports;
- Support the national team in conducting needs assessment when required;· Support the national team in development of their skills and knowledge
Main responsibilities and tasks
In particular, the Program Manager will focus on:
- Setting up and/or ensuring continuation of all the foreseen activities
- Developing and managing the implementation of/adherence to work plans and M&E plans
- Ensuring a sound monitoring of the project by producing, regularly updating and sharing – once in a month – the project appraisal tool (PAT)
- Providing technical support to projects’ staff
- Enhancing quality of implementation by training projects’ staff
- Managing all the financial resources allocated to projects, producing financial plans and cash forecasts and verifying budgets vs. actual on a weekly and monthly basis
- Managing all the logistical procedures, ensuring INTERSOS and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained
- Ensuring reports are properly produced and submitted to donors
- Developing budgets and project proposals for sector, in close coordination and under the supervision of the State Manager
- Ensuring 5W matrices are submitted to the Upper Nile and Unity states as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Taking part to projects’ meetings,called by donors and/or any relevant stakeholders, in close coordination and under the supervision of the Area Coordinator
- Recruiting national staff as required to achieve projects’ objectives
- Working with the administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed
- Updating personal details on file, accurate ToR for each staff member, payrolls etc;
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||Education |
- An advanced University Degree in Political Sciences, International Law, Social Sciences, Education, Psychology or significant professional experience in a relevant sector in lieu of formal credentials
- At least three years of relevant professional work experience in the humanitarian field as Project Manager and in at least one of the relevant technical disciplines (Protection, EiE, WASH, S/NFIs or preferably more than one of them).
- Demonstrated experience in working in humanitarian emergency contexts.
- Demonstrated project management skills (financial management, human resources management, monitoring and evaluation techniques
- Ability to work remotely in coordinating GBV interventions across multiple sites;
- Strong orientation towards evidence-based programming, with skills in monitoring and evaluation and conducting assessments desirable;
- Good knowledge of the procedure of international donors, especially UN/ SSHF desirable.
- Excellent analytical, report writing and proposal writing skills and computer literate;
- Flexibility, adaptability and high work capacity to ensure activities and technical management/coordination support provided in a timely manner to achieve project results;
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player with proven supervisory skills;
- Familiarity with the issues and culture in South Sudan considered an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting and communication skills are required.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
|Comment postuler||For further information and to apply, follow the link below:https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/5c8925d13d873209b3766177/|
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: « SR-41-970 – Program Manager – South Sudan ».
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.