|Description||Place: ETHIOPIA (Gambela + Filtu)Length: 3 months|
Starting date: 1rst of December 2019
Closing date for applications: 9th October 2019
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) has been implementing development and humanitarian interventions in Ethiopia since 1986. HI had been also implementing protection project for Internally Displaced Persons and South Suddenness Refugees. Currently HI is implementing an inclusive protection projects in Somali region, Liben Zone (Dolo and Filtu districts) and Gambela refugee camp.
HI promotes an inclusive approach by focusing on access to services for all whenever possible rather than developing specific actions for people with disabilities. HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and the society. Since 2017 Humanity & Inclusion in Ethiopia has been particularly active in the field of protection risk monitoring, referral of SGBV survivors to service providers, psychosocial support provision to traumatized people and provision of physical rehabilitation service including mobility aids.
Emergency Response: IDPs Response: HI Ethiopia is responding the border conflict humanitarian crisis in Liben Zone of Somali region with following areas of intervention.
– Protection monitoring and referral to service providers including HI managed mobile inclusive safe space.
– Mental health and psychosocial support service.
– Provision of functional rehabilitation and mobility aids.
– Capacity building of humanitarian organizations and government sector office staff mainstream protection in their programs.
Refugees Response: For the South Sudanese’s Refugees, HI Ethiopia is implementing the following activities:
– Identification and referral of persons with specific needs with main focus to persons with disabilities, elderly people with disabilities, persons with injuries, chronic illness.
– Promoting inclusion and meaningful access to humanitarian aid services.
– Provision of Psychosocial service including group psychosocial/counselling sessions. Formation of peers to peer support group and strengthening community and family support system.
– Identifying and referring the person with needs of specialized mental health services.
– Provision of outreach functional rehabilitation services including physiotherapy and mobility aid
Under the responsibility of the Program Director and with the support of the HQ “Protection and Inclusion Technical Referents”, you will be responsible for:
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
|Ville||Gambela & Filtu|
|Expériences / Formation du candidat|
|Experience||0 à 3 ans|
|Fonctions||Technicien spécialisé, Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Salaire / Indemnité||CONDITIONS:|
|Comment postuler||TO APPLY:Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:|
|Postuler en ligne||https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=3489&idpartenaire=130|
|Date de fin de validité||08/10/2019|