Hot Job: University of Copenhagen Postdoc Position in Development and Cancer – Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Deadline: October 24, 2019
Applications are open for the University of Copenhagen Postdoc Position in Development and Cancer – Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. They are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic researcher, who will join a team of molecular and cellular biologists studying how the transcriptional and epigenetic regulation of cellular states drives the progression of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
The employment is at BRIC, University of Copenhagen. BRIC is located in the Biocenter, close to the centre of Copenhagen. They offer creative and stimulating working conditions in a dynamic and international research environment. Their research facilities include modern laboratories and a number of core facilities shared between the 23 research groups at BRIC and the neighboring Finsen Laboratory. They have weekly journal clubs, data clubs, seminars with invited speakers and a young researchers club ASAP and their own PhD programme, MoMeD and their own Postdoc Career Programme. BRIC actively participates in the European alliance, EU-life consisting of 13 excellent life science research institutions.
- You will investigate the transcriptional and epigenetic changes that take place in the dynamic transition of cellular states in pancreatic cancer.
- You will investigate how regulatory elements in the genome contribute the organization of nuclear domains and the regulation of gene expression.
- You will use state-of-the-art technologies, such as (but not only) single-cell RNA sequencing, identification of RNA-protein interactions, chromatin conformation capture experiments and follow-up functional genomics in human cell cultures and mouse models. The ultimate goal of the project is to obtain mechanistic insights into how the dynamic transition of cellular states is regulated.
- You will validate the results in well-annotated clinical samples.
- Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization. Currently, the monthly salary starts at 34,079 DKK/ca. 4,570 Euro plus pension. Depending on qualifications, a higher salary may be negotiated.
- Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
- The position is covered by the “Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at the Universities” of June 28, 2013.
- Applicants are expected to be highly motivated and ambitious scientists
- You hold a Ph.D. Degree in Life or Natural Sciences, preferably in Developmental Biology or Cancer
- You are highly experienced in molecular and cellular biology and have an interest in large scale data analysis from high-throughput methods and motivation to learn new data analysis tools.
- You are particularly interested in how developmental pathways contribute to cancer and finding new targets for translational research
- You have an excellent track record with several published papers where your contribution was essential
- You are highly committed to scientific research and motivated to conduct demanding research projects
- You have proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams
- You have excellent English skills written and spoken
Your application must be submitted electronically here. The application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
- CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
- List of publications.
Furthermore, the shortlisted applicant should provide two letters of recommendation. To be taken into consideration, the letter must be signed by the supporting person on paper with institutional letter head and in PDF-format and send to [email protected] with subject “name candidate-postdoc-year”; preferably by the supporting person. The letters should be received 1 week after being notified about shortlisting. Please make sure that an easy match between the recommendation letter and the individual applicant is possible