Deadline: 4 August 2019
2019 Australia Post Community Grants Program is now open for incorporated not-for-profit Australian organisations with an aim to support projects that bring people together around what matters most in their communities.
To help achieve their goal of creating healthy, vibrant and inclusive communities, their grants focused on funding four key areas:
- Community Inclusion;
- Digital Capability;
- Disaster Readiness and
- Employment Pathways.
They’re offering grants of up to $10,000 for eligible projects that provide positive benefits for the community.
Funds must be spent on activities that bring people together to address what’s important to them. The funds from a grant can be used in a multitude of ways, including:
- Skills development (e.g. volunteer training) Equipment, materials and supplies
- Venue or furniture hire
- Refreshments (excluding alcohol)
- Outreach and referral support
- Communications – including website setup, newsletters and advertising
- Program coordination and facilitation
- Travel costs for participants
- And more…
They’re willing to fund reasonable project related administrative costs relative to the project, within the grant amount.
They’re looking for projects that:
- Help people connect with each other through group activities (e.g. volunteering programs, civic engagement and environmental activities)
- Reduce barriers to participation in community life (e.g. transport, ability to pay, or access to community spaces), or
- Develop skills and leadership capability to strengthen community networks
- To be eligible, organisations must:
- be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- provide community benefit
- be located within Australia
- provide services within Australia
- have an ABN
- have an Australian bank account that corresponds to the organisation’s ABN (individuals are not valid account holders).
- Grants can only be made to incorporated not-for-profit organisation. Sole traders, government entities and educational institutions aren’t eligible.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, visit this link.