Women Techmakers & Firebase Travel Grant for the Google Firebase Summit 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic
Deadline: August 20, 2018
Applications are open for the Women Techmakers & Firebase Travel Grant for the Firebase Summit on 29th October 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic. The Women Techmakers & Firebase Travel Grant enables underrepresented women in computer science and technology to attend the tech conferences.
Google believes that a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in computer science and technology, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, ability or military service. They understand that, for some folks who are underrepresented in computer science and technology, there are barriers to attending leading tech conferences. They are committed to breaking those down.
The Summit will enable participants learn how Firebase helps mobile app teams of all sizes across the entire development lifecycle, from building your app, to improving app quality, to growing your business. You’ll also get the opportunity to ask questions and give feedback directly to the team that builds Firebase.
To encourage attendance at the Firebase Summit, Women Techmakers will provide selected recipients airfare or train travel fare to and from the summit and/or hotel accommodations as a travel stipend of up to $500 USD offered through their travel agency partner. Travel grants are available to self-identifying women in technology globally and will be awarded to the most qualified persons based on application review with the Women Techmakers and Firebase teams.
The Women Techmakers & Firebase Summit Travel Grant will cover airfare or train fare to and from the conference and/or hotel up to $500 USD.
- Open to self-identifying women in technology globally
- Applicants must be a university student or a technology industry professional.
- University Students: A student enrolled in a bachelors, masters or PhD program (or equivalent) for the 2018-2019 academic year or a current student who is graduating in 2019 or later.
- Technology Industry professionals: A professional software engineer working in the industry.
- Persons who are (1) residents of Italy, Brazil, Quebec, or embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily reside in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for the Women Techmakers & Firebase Summit Travel Grant.
- Applicants must be available to attend the conference in its entirety, meaning they must be available to travel to the conference on October 29th in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Current Google employees, aside from interns, are not eligible to apply for this travel grant.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of July 17, 2018.
To enter, applicants must complete this form and provide any supplementary information as requested herein