Deadline: 2 March 2020
The Pride Foundation Australia (PFA) Board of Directors and the Sidney Myer Fund have announced their next joint funding round, to the value of $20,000.
This grant round will focus on supporting LGBTQIA+ refugees and people seeking asylum. They encourage projects that are collaborations between refugee and asylum seeker agencies and LGBTQIA+ groups.
The projects should aim to assist LGBTQIA+ people who are refugees or seeking asylum in any of the following areas:
- Improving access to stable housing
- Enhancing support for community connection and settlement
- Enhancing cultural engagement and development
- Building evidence
- Improving LGBTQIA+ inclusive practice in services
- Improving mental health and wellbeing.
The grant would focus on nationally-applicable projects over a 1-2 year period through one or more of:
- Community development,
- Education initiatives,
- Applied, community-led research with tangible outcomes in the field, or
- Events or conferences
Please note, the grants are not intended to support capital and building works, vehicles, furniture or equipment, general fund-raising, travel, books or religious activities.
For more information, visit https://pridefoundation.org.au/pages/current-grant-round/