Are you looking for an opportunity to lead an established and professional team of humanitarian mine action and humanitarian response experts?
As our new Country Director in Mali, you will lead the DCA country management team and ensure good staff welfare and a conducive working environment for more than 30 national and 4 international staff. You will lead and inspire the strategic direction of the programme, ensuring high quality, accountability and innovative programme implementation. You will also ensure a strong focus on safety and security management and identify fundraising opportunities. You will be responsible for nurturing relations with the local authorities, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
The DCA Mali Country Programme
DCA has implemented humanitarian response activities in Mali since 2013 and is working in the nexus of Conflict prevention and peace building, Risk Education on Mines and Explosive Remnants of War (ERW), Victims Assistance, livelihoods and cash grants to improve the people’s ability to cope with the effects of armed violence to enhance economic resilience. DCA supports and capacitates the local civil society, so these networks can effectively represent their members, identify and prevent safety concerns and protection issues, and engage with local authorities.
You will be leading the Mali programme as it continues to build upon its strong reputation.
Your responsibility will be the overall leadership and management of the country programme including
- To articulate and promote DCA’s vision for the Mali Programme;
- To set and implement DCA’s Mali strategy;
- To resource the vision and strategy and ensure continued consolidation of the programme;
- To ensure relevance, effectiveness, accountability and compliance with SOPs;
- To maintain a strong focus on security management, conducting regular monitoring and analysis of the security environment;
- To manage donor, grant and stakeholder relationship and support in writing proposals and donor reports;
- To lead the team of dedicated international and national staff;
- To represent DCA in Mali towards local authorities, international and national humanitarian stakeholders and local communities.
You will be based in Bamako with regular travel to the DCA sub-office and Saveré and the project areas as security allows.