Deadline: 4 November 2019
The ERA-NET has launched call for proposals for the ERA-NETs SUSFOOD2 and CORE Organic Cofunds to change the food systems to contribute a sustainable future.
The ERA-NETs SUSFOOD2 and CORE Organic Cofund (SF/CO) build a joint network with 21 funding bodies from 18 countries/regions committing 9.485.000€ to launch this Joint Call.
This Joint Call was initiated under the premise that attaining secure food and nutrition supply in the future will require a transition from current linear food production, to sustainable, cyclical oriented systems (on land and sea) that also respond to consumers demand for a diverse, healthy, safe and attractive diet.
The ERA-NET Cofund SUSFOOD2 “SUStainable FOOD production and consumption” started in January 2017, and is the continuation of the FP7 ERA-NET SUSFOOD (2011-2014). The strategic goal of SUSFOOD2 complements the EU bioeconomy and food policies, and aims to reinforce cooperation in research, development and innovation between EU members and associated states in order to maximize the contribution of research to the development of more sustainable food systems from production to consumption.
The applicants are encouraged to follow multi-actor, multi-disciplinary and system approach in context of the call topics:
- Topic 1: Resource-efficient, circular and zero-waste food systems;
- Topic 2: Diversity in food from field to plate;
- Topic 3: Mild food processing;
- Topic 4: Sustainable and smart packaging.
- The following partner countries will provide funds for the Call: Algeria, Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Morocco, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain, Turkey, and the United Kingdom;
- The funding for transnational projects will be based on a virtual common pot instrument. This means that applicants of projects that have been selected for funding will receive the grant directly from their national funding bodies according to their terms and conditions;
- Joint Calls grants is sized upto 9.485.000€.
- The application must be written in English;
- Research consortia must consist of at least three eligible independent legal entities from a minimum of three different partner countries participating with funding in a specific topic;
- Applicants who are not eligible for funding by their national funding body or applicants from countries not participating in the Call are welcome to be partner in a research consortia on their own costs, they cannot be Coordinator and are not counted for the required minimum number of partners;
- The maximum duration of a project is 36 months;
- The requested total budget cannot exceed 1.5 M€ per proposal (requested funding)
- Total eligible budget per country must not exceed 70 % of the total eligible project
budget in order to achieve balanced partnerships and ensure that responsibility and risks
- Research consortia are encouraged to consider the cross-cutting issues as well as good geographical coverage in order to strengthen the impact of a project proposal;
- Institutions (legal entities) that are involved in research/innovation and operate in accordance with national rules, including companies and stakeholder organizations, are invited to apply.
Algeria, Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Morocco, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom.
How to Apply
Intrested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit http://projects.au.dk/coreorganiccofund/news-and-events/show/artikel/joint-call-2019-susfood2-and-core-organic-cofund/