Waterside Operations Coordinator
Waterside Operations Coordinator , Abidjan
Last application date: 18/12/2018
The Republic of Côte d’Ivoire is located in Western Africa, bordering on the south by the Atlantic Ocean. The population is estimated at 20 million with the capital city residing in Abidjan. The country is regarded as having a high level of religious freedom and diversity, with the predominant religion being Christianity, Muslim and animist.
Côte d’Ivoire boast lots of agricultural products like cocoa (1st worldwide producer), coffee, cotton, rubber, oil palm, cashew, and diverse natural resources natural gas, diamond, gold, timber, iron, etc. Côte d’Ivoire forms part of the Central Bank of West African States (of which it is the dominant economy), the West African Economic and Monetary Union and Economic Union of Central Africa (UEMOA) and the Organisation for the Harmonization of Business Law in Africa (OHADA).
The Côte d’Ivoire Cluster, which includes offices in Côte d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Burkina Faso is a fast changing and dynamic collection of markets. With its head office in Abidjan, Maersk Liner business has established a strong and expanding presence in the area with an expectation for continued growth and development in the future.
Maersk Ivory Coast is looking to hire a dynamic Waterside Operations Coordinator to join our team in Abidjan.
The Waterside Operations Coordinator role is established as part of the insourcing of the entire Africa marine activities into the Africa LOC. The aim of the role is to ensure physical presence on the operation location and to maintain relations with the terminals and ports in order to achieve high performance on Maersk Line vessels.
The Waterside Operations Coordinator will ensure the execution of operations as approved by the marine division in Cape Town. The role requires consistent co-ordination with various internal stakeholders, to ensure sustainability of performances. The role has a direct reporting line to the Port Captain for Cote d’Ivoire – AFR LOC, and a close relationship with the commercial organization in the specific port. The Waterside Operations Coordinator is a full team member of the Africa Liner Operations Cluster, which is located in Cape Town, South Africa.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to Operations.
The role of the Waterside Operations Coordinator, is primarily to:
a) Co-ordinate all Husbanding activities with Port / Customs officials, vessel masters, crewing, terminal / stevedore suppliers, and Africa LOC Marine team.
b) Drive and improve port productivity and reduce vessel port stay by aligning with the marine berth and schedule teams in Cape Town.
c) Daily and/or weekly analysis of operational execution for the onsite location followed by reviews and improvement plans to report to the marine division
d) Monitor compliance to Maersk Line operation standards, spot improvement areas and immediately initiate action to resolve them while making sure relevant stakeholders are involved.
e) Identify and address operational issues in your location and share the best practices with your peers in Africa.
f) Build and maintain good and strong relationships with both Internal and External stakeholders and continuously engage with them to protect Maersk Line’s operational interests.
g) Drive the communication behaviour persistently so the team is constantly aligned with the 24hr teams in Cape Town.
h) Help the AFRLOC and the local organization make well informed choices between commercial upsides and operational exposures
i) Ensure the Terminal, Port Authorities and Stevedore execute the plans of the AFRLOC for each vessel
j) Engage with Vessel masters, collect feedback and assist them whenever required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
– Bunker – Waiting time on arrival – Time Reported (EOSP_BERTH) – [Main Engine hrs. (EOSP_BERTH )+ 0.5
– Port Productivity performance (ref COMS Targets)
– All Husbanding Agent Activities including vessel nomination, pilotage, crew handling, spare parts handling, cash to master, accurate arrival/departure updates, bunkering, ISPS management communication to vessels.
– Master Satisfaction – Overall score from periodic vessel Masters’ survey
– Game plan = SmartOps Overtime target + Local Game plan Savings (Actual vs Target),
– TDR accuracy and timeliness.
– Anti-Corruption – Zero Tolerance for Owned/Chartered Fleet, and Suppliers
– Transformation – Operating System Maturity (Continuous Improvements + successful delivery of agreed Goals)
We are looking for
• Minimum 3 years of Operational experience in container terminals, local operations and/or stowage co-ordination.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal ( English & French)
• Bachelor Degree
• Ability to travel to within AFRLOC scope, on short notice
• Demonstrate good knowledge in process optimization and comfortable with of PEX tools.
• Effective communication
• Assess performances of specific port
• Assist to develop operational policies within area of responsibility
• Handle emergencies and contingencies and provide AFRLOC execution teams with clear cut and fully prepared options and suggestions, in conjunction with local operational team.
• Active contact and contract management towards terminal operators, in conjunction with SLA and Procurement team.
• Drive best practice and cost maniac behavior inside the Cluster geography
• Drive vessel optimization both for full and empty operations
• The ability to successfully cope in a highly pressurized environment.
• Excellent relationship management skills- both within one’s own working environment and externally
Lâchez commentaire sur Doingbuzz
Soyez pas avares? Parles en sur les réseaux sociaux !