DFAT: Council on Australia Latin America Relations (COALAR) Grant Program 2019
Deadline: 28 March 2019
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is seeking applications for its Council on Australia Latin America Relations (COALAR) Grant Program 2019 in order to enhance Australia’s economic, political and social relations with Latin America.
In the 2019-2020 Grant round the Council will consider favorably projects that strengthen relations with priority countries Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, as well as through the Pacific Alliance.
The objectives of the Council on Australia Latin America Relations are:
- Enhanced and strengthened links between Australia and Latin America, particularly in the areas of mutual economic support (encompassing two way trade and investment), education, sustainability and applied research, sport, culture and tourism, aligned closely with the policy of economic diplomacy
- Closer engagement at a corporate level between Australia and Latin America
- Increased engagement with and understanding of Australia in Latin America, and of Latin America in Australia and
- The provision of advice to government about opportunities that will enhance the Australia – Latin America relationship.
- Mutual Economic Support (encompassing two way trade and investment)
- Education, Sustainability and Applied Research
- Sport, Arts and Culture and Tourism
- Between $250,000 and $300,000in2019-20 is available for this grant opportunity, subject to appropriation, starting in July2019.
- Grant applications for a minimum of $10,000 or maximum of $50,000 per year will be considered.
- It is anticipated that most grants will be between $20,000 and $40,000 per year, depending on the scope of the grant activity and its complexity.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be one of the following entity types:
- an Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or Indigenous Corporation Number (ICN)
- an Australian consortium with a lead organisation
- an Australian registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian State/Territory government body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Australian statutory authority
- be an Australian or permanent resident of Australia
- [or be a citizen or organisation from the above-mentioned countries]
- [or be a well-established organisation in above-mentioned countries with a business purpose to advocate for Australian business, education and/or cultural interests]
- and be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines for applicants project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2WKJJ4q