Centre for Civic Education: Supporting Projects of Civil Society Organisations in North Macedonia and Kosovo
Deadline: 30 May 2019
Centre for Civic Education (CCE/CGO), on behalf of project partners, within the project Regional CSO Activism for Regional Reconciliation in the Former Yugoslavia – in Support of RECOM has announced a second call for proposals to support projects of civil society organisations in North Macedonia and Kosovo.
View Sample Proposals
Join Premium and gain access to thousands of Proposals from Successful Grantees
- The overall objective of this Call is to strengthen prospects for regional reconciliation in the Western Balkans by establishing the facts on war crimes and human losses and detention sites related to the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s.
- The specific objectives of this project are:
- To facilitate the establishment of a Regional Commission for establishing the facts and identifying the victims of the Yugoslav wars of the 1990.
- To engage civil society from all post-Yugoslav states in an inclusive and bottom-up reconciliation initiative.
- To strengthen the impact of CSOs in the decision making process in the domain of regional cooperation.
By providing needed financial support to the organizations, strengthening their capacities, supporting advocacy and networking, this Call will contribute to the sustainability and improvement of the position of the primarily, but not exclusively, small or newly founded civil society organizations dealing with the past issues in North Macedonia and Kosovo.
They are looking for the small-scale project proposals addressing the topics related to the fight against impunity for war crimes, establishing the truth about war crimes, contributing to culture of remembrance, engaging civil society at large and the broader public in a regional reconciliation and commemoration initiatives, etc. The project proposals have to be rooted in the context and relevant to society.
Customize Funding Alerts
Customize your email funding alerts based on your country and areas of work.
- The overall indicative amount available under this Call is EUR 18, 000.
- Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Minimum amount: EUR 3,000
- Maximum amount: EUR 4,000
The project must take place in one of two countries (Kosovo, North Macedonia).
Search Grants using Filters
Premium Members can search grants using full & filter options
The initial planned duration of the project implementation may not be lower than 1 month nor exceed 5 months, and the activities can be conducted between 1 July 2019 to 30 December 2019.
- In order to be eligible for sub-granting, applicants must be:
- legal persons;
- nonprofit making;
- civil society organizations;
- nationals of North Macedonia and Kosovo;
- registered in these countries as non-governmental organisation at least twelve
- months prior to the deadline for submission of project;
- directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with their co-applicant.
- The applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s). Partnerships are not mandatory, but these are allowed and welcomed. Co-applicant(s) must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the applicant.
- Individuals, political parties, international organisations, governmental institutions, religious communities and non-formal organisations are not eligible for this Call.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://cgo-cce.org/en/2019/04/30/rekom-ii-konkurs-za-podrsku-projekata-ocd/#.XNEMcdQzbIU