Deadline: 31 July 2019
The UNDP-GEF Project “Moldova Sustainable Green Cities” has launched a Call for proposals within the Fast Track Challenge Program, for innovative, green and sustainable ideas.
The objective of the project is to catalyse investments in low carbon green urban development based on integrated urban planning approach by encouraging innovation, participatory planning and partnerships between a variety of public and private sector entities.
In accordance with this objective, Fast Track Challenge Program aims to provide financial support (up to 8,000 USD) for new and innovative complementary solutions contributing to low carbon green city development and which can be brought to implementation quickly and at modest costs.
The thematic areas covered by this program within Chisinau city are:
- Urban mobility (integrated solutions, apps for efficient transport, cycling, and pedestrians)
- Waste management (should be considered activities related to the collection and recycling processes; e.g. PET, plastic, rubber, hazardous waste, textile, etc.)
- Energy efficiency measures related to building envelope insulation, street, and interior lighting, hot water preparation, smart metering and renewables (photovoltaics, eolian, geothermal, etc.)
- Sustainable urban planning (friendly solutions for citizens comfort and wellbeing)
- The awards will cover maximum 8,000 USD or maximum seventy percent (70%) of the total project amount (what is lower) for pre-commercial innovation development projects.
- The project and the project budget must be designed so to be completed within 9 months.
Eligible applicants to the Fast Track Challenge Program are:
- The Applicants shall have a legal profit-making entity registered on the territory of Republic of Moldova, with one or 2 years of successful activity in Moldova or abroad;
- Only projects that envisage at least one innovative element as part of the business model/ plan or implement innovative technologies and practices that are new to Moldova or which are radically improved comparing to the previously existing ones are eligible;
- Partnership with another actor acting in the benefit of Chisinau (e.g company, NGO, public institutions) will be an advantage.
- Application must observe the types of economic activities that are legal in the Republic of Moldova.
- Lack of criminal records. Not subject to ongoing criminal investigations. A self-declaration should be provided.
How to Apply
The application package shall be submitted electronically at the address given on the website, as a subject line “FTCP Green City 2019, [applicant’s name]”.
For more information, visit http://sc.undp.md/tnddetails2/1926/