Treasury Operations Manager, Gauteng
Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the treasury operations team and ensure that all operations run smoothly.
Responsibilities and work outputs
Daily cash management:
• Aggregation of bank account opening balances
• Execution of intra-group transfers
• End of day detailed balance reviews
Administration of bank account management platform:
• Lead banking operations including account openings, closures, updates to account information, and banking signatories
• Facilitate opening and closing of bank accounts with business units in accordance with the policies, rules and procedures provided.
• Maintain bank account database and ensure completeness thereof.
• Implement and strengthen controls related to bank account database and cash management system.
• Review of the GL cash breakdown and ensure the bank balances are reconciled;
• Reconcile opened and closed bank accounts to the payment system to ensure completeness.
• Reconciliation of bank balances to general ledger balances and analysis of movement
• Request that bank accounts are set up on FACS and all related systems platforms, Fintegrate, TMS.
• Manage and maintain database of online platform users with limits.
• Assist in maintaining and review of user limits with the various banks.
Maintenance of banking relationships:
• Establish and lead new/existing bank accounts/relationships.
• Maintain details of group exposure with all banks.
• Conduct annual reviews of banking facilities with each bank with a view to update facility agreements to align with MMH needs and cost saving objectives;
• Annual review of cash management structures.
• Ensure cash management structures are updated for opened and closed bank accounts.
• Manage the overall cost of the banking infrastructure supporting the company’s activities, measured on a per transaction basis.
• Monitor bank fees negotiate as needed and explore opportunities to reduce cost and improve efficiency.
• Handle bank fee expense budget and forecasts
• Monitor and reconcile banking fees against those recorded in General Ledger.
• Monitor bank limits breaches and ensures that the clients and Banks are notified of the breaches.
• In the event of a breach, ensure that the limits are amended at the bank and the client is notified.
• Maintain updated delegation of authority and provide updates to the banks as required.
• All bank related documents are electronically/paper filed.
Other general Treasury operations activities:
• Conducting reconciliations for Treasury specific bank accounts.
• Coordinate, run, and complete implementation projects for new services, technologies, account changes, system or process changes regarding cash management to improve the cash cycle and simplify company operations.
• Negotiate pricing & implementation fees for new services and prepare cost/benefit analysis.
• Ongoing provision of Treasury reporting and MI.
• Maintenance and updates to our Treasury operating procedures as necessary.
• Maintenance of a Financial Controls Framework and Risk Register.
• Handle operation and liquidity of fiduciary and surplus funds investment including money market deposits and funds.
• Oversee overall money market dealing activities and foreign exchange dealing and collaborate with other departments to ensure that all activities are aligned to practices and framework.
• Build and manage relationship with banks to negotiate rates and processing of trades and transactions.
• Invest funds on the Money Market through analysis of rates, returns and business needs.
• Prepare and present insights on treasury exposures, activities and possible contribution to the function.
• Compliance with all laws, regulations and industry standards
• Assist with FIC reporting for Cash Threshold reporting.
• Correlating data to assist the team in reporting of foreign transactions to the compliance team on a quarterly basis.
• Assist with providing ad hoc information for internal reports relating to regulatory reporting, compliance and internal policies and procedures.
Foreign Exchange execution:
• Execution of foreign exchange deals with banks.
• Transacting on FX system to capture, aggregate and approve FX deals.
• Collate the Forex requirements across divisions and optimally trade in the external market.
• Manage and monitor all foreign exchange trading and money market dealing processes and systems to ensure efficiencies across the group.
• Execute foreign exchange and money market dealing activities to ensure the best outcome for the group.
• Optimise Forex usage and minimise risk with foreign currency transactions.
• Conduct Forex hedging trades to protecting MMI from unwanted movement in the foreign currency exchange rates.
• Contribute to policy development within area of expertise and implementation of best practice solutions.
• Process and keep record of Forex transactions and information received from divisions and other stakeholders.
• Keep abreast and share of financial markets, economic conditions and regulatory issues and address impact on MM Treasury activities.
• Capture information on system to access up to date and accurate information used to trade Forex instruments.
• Monitor, address and escalate risk that may lead to operational loss.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly analytical
• Strong operations capabilities
• Self- Awareness
• Embracing Diversity
• Results Driven
• Task orientated
Experience and Qualifications
• B.com Accounting or other relevant degree in Financial Management, Economics, Treasury Management or related field.
• ACI Dealing certificate (preferred).
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Operations, Middle Office or Back Office Environment.
Martine Ralfe | Senior Associate
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.