Deadline: 2 January 2020
Do you have a creative idea on “Arts for Reconciliation” and how to connect fragmented communities through artwork suitable for digital dissemination? If yes, then submit your proposals for project funding.
The British Council has issued a call for proposals for grant funding to artists in Sri Lanka under the Strengthening Reconciliation Processes (SRP) project for the purpose of producing multimedia artworks that can be used to inspire social changes through public messaging that helps to unify communities.
The British Council is seeking proposals from artists working in different fields who will work collaboratively to design a multimedia project suitable for digital dissemination followed by face to face public engagement. Successful proposals will be inclusive, addressing reconciliation, diversity, inclusion, equal opportunity and freedom of expression.
Successful proposals will highlight the following elements:
- Promotion of inter-ethnic, inter-religious understanding and reconciliation: Using a people to people dialogue-based approach to foster co-existence and reconciliation between diverse communities.
- Promotion of participation and inclusion of marginalized groups in addressing key issues and process: inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized groups (including women headed households, persons with disabilities) and youth.
To be eligible for a grant, applications must meet the following core criteria:
- Be based in Sri Lanka.
- Minimum 3 three years of experience is supporting Arts related reconciliation work.
- A strong track record in the field relevant to the specific grant opportunity.
- Past track record in partnership working, either locally or nationally.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with other potential artists and British Council as a funder.
- Sufficient capacity within the entity to ensure transparent, responsible use of funds.
- Evidence of collaboration and multimedia design.
- Plans for digital dissemination.
- Acknowledgement of sources.
For more information, visit https://www.britishcouncil.lk/partnerships/funding-opportunities