Deadline: 15 August 2019
Art Council is currently inviting applications for the Arts Participation Project Award that supports initiatives in the field of Arts Participation for projects commencing on or after 1 January 2020 in Ireland.
The Arts Council is the national agency for funding, developing and promoting the arts in Ireland. They works in partnership with artists, arts organisations, public policy makers and others to build a central place for the arts in Irish life. The Council recognizes that the arts have a central and distinctive contribution to make to our evolving society.
The Council is an autonomous body, which is under the aegis of the Department of Arts, Heritage & Gaeltacht. Established in 1951, to stimulate public interest in and promote the knowledge, appreciation and practice of the arts.
The purpose of the award is to support proposals from professional artists or arts organisations who wish to collaborate artistically with non-arts professionals (individuals or groups) and that incorporate:
- The creation or interpretation of work developed through a collaborative process;
- The presentation of work developed through a collaborative process;
- A clear description of methodologies for engagement and artistic collaboration that:
- Value the creative contributions of all participants while providing opportunities for artistic challenge;
- Ensure that the artistic quality and the quality of the engagement between artist and participants are both considered at all stages (e.g. in the planning, making, presentation and evaluation of work);
- Demonstrate active support and commitment from all participants and partners, including a clear understanding of respective roles and contributions;
- Incorporate well-thought-out mechanisms for cooperation with key workers (where relevant) and consideration of training and support (where necessary);
- Demonstrate an understanding of current arts-participation practice in Ireland relevant to the proposals, and the potential to have a long- term, sustainable impact on artistic skills, ambitious and policy.
The Arts Council has identified the following as strategic priorities for support through this award:
- Projects that involve artistic collaboration with communities of place and/or interest in the following contexts: arts and health, disability, cultural diversity, older people/creative ageing, and community development.
- The maximum award available is €60,000.
The award is open to individual artists and arts organisations.
- Applicant must be resident in the Republic of Ireland. There are certain exceptions where the Arts Council may deem eligible applications made by those based outside the Republic of Ireland. However, before admitting as eligible any such application, the Arts Council would need to be satisfied that the outcomes of any such proposal would benefit the arts in the Republic of Ireland;
- In line with the Public Sector Equality and Human Rights Duty, the Arts Council is committed to ensuring that it takes positive policy measures to promote equality of opportunity for all those living in Ireland, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, civil or family status, religion, age, disability, race or membership of the Traveller Community. Furthermore, the Arts Council notes the ground of socioeconomic background as a further basis for which equality of opportunity must be guaranteed.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit http://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Arts-participation-project-Award/