Applications Open for CANSA’s Cancer Research Grant 2020!

Publié par La redaction

Applications Open for CANSA’s Cancer Research Grant 2020!


Deadline: 31 May 2019

The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is seeking applications for its Cancer Research Grant 2020 with an aim to support high-quality research to advance management and improve outcomes for the most common cancers in South Africa.


The CANSA has funding available for research projects initiated and executed at South African institutions such as universities, NGO’s and parastatal organisations.

They do not finance scientific research aimed at developing new anti-cancer medicines. However they will consider funding work on licensed anticancer medicines, particularly when the research addresses issues that are unique to a South African context.

Funding Information

The maximum annual amount granted for funding is currently R400 000 per applicant. CANSA will fund 75% of grants only. Applicants are requested to approach their relevant institutions for augmentation of the remaining 25% for a period of 3 years. CANSA thus funds R900 000 over 3 years and the institution of the grantee R300 000 over 3 years giving a total of R1.2 million over 3 years.

Focus Areas

  • Epidemiology and determinants of the burden of cancer in South African populations
  • Health seeking behaviours and early detection and diagnosis of cancer
  • Health promotion and risk reduction of cancer, with a particular focus on behavioural risk reduction
  • Optimal patient care addressing survivorship issues, quality of life, rehabilitation and palliative care services
  • Other health services and health system research relating to the above categories, including improved understanding of the major barriers to care as well as the impact of current referral pathways
  • Research relating to cancer biology/biochemistry/molecular biology/immunology with direct implications for early detection, risk reduction and patient care.

Eligibility Criteria

  • CANSA invites applications from public health and social science disciplines.
  • They are particularly interested in considering submissions from researchers who may not have traditionally worked on cancer, but who may bring important perspectives from other health disciplines to cancer-specific research questions.
  • They favour multidisciplinary projects; as part of this, they recommend inclusion of appropriate clinical perspectives in the project team, where applicable.

How to Apply

Interested applicants can apply via given website.

For more information, please visit https://www.cansa.org.za/apply-for-a-type-a-research-grant/

Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.

Nouveauté au Togo: Edem Drackey - Amévévé

Un son qui donne des frissons de part la belle mélodie mais aussi les paroles bienveillantes qu'il contient

Pour le télécharger gratuitement

Clique ici

A propos du rédacteur

La redaction

Premiers sur l'exclusivité et tout ce qui est sujet brûlant Culture · Cinéma . Interviews · Musique · Clips · Paroles · Emploi . People . Téléchargement etc..
Le web étant devenu un facteur incontournable dans la promotion d'un artiste et de ses oeuvres, s'incarne en projecteur sur la musique africaine en particulier et la culture africaine en général. Un projecteur qui extrapole sa lumière sur les actualités sportives et diverses pour plus de complexité. Une équipe homogène et dynamique assure le buzz comme nom l'indique. , l'exclu et le buzz sont ici!* Email: !

Lâcher un commentaire sur doingbuzz